Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:03 pm
liquidsound wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:54 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pmSo if anyone is happy with Live or any other DAW, I seriously doubt they will jump from it for any reason, I love my wife the way she is and I'm happy without having the need to fix her in any way and vice versa, but still there are tons of people who keep doing the opposite, always wanting more, improvement, always seeking for something more perfect, getting divorced over trivial things and being really unhappy because they expect too much from others, same goes for DAW's, all this "why you left DAW X" threads had me scratching my head for most part when I see some of the reasons, like watching "Shallow Hal" when below average superficial guy is dumping above his league gorgeous women that likes him because she had one toe little bigger than other and stuff like that.
Very true indeed, and trying so hard to convince others (at every opportunity) to divorce for the "shiny or bigger toe" :hihi: (well said).

I get it, MPE is crucial to some users, then definitely do the move.
Modulation madness crucial, then definitely move on.
Workflow... that's it for me and so many others. If you don't really have an established workflow because of jumping from one "Toe" to another than it's easy to pick the "Temporary" green grass.

I got to know MuLab and Ableton quite well and I'm even thinking of going to Berlin for in-depth knowledge once the beer virus it's over.

I think that investing quality time (and commitment) in you main tool IS CRUCIAL, but... so many Toes and so little time :D
i said something similar in the replacement for orion thread, finding a host that has it all is next to impossible, best to stick with one and work around its limits.
constant searching for perfection leaves you doing nothing but searching.

as a home user, (ie not college or work where i was forced to use additional hosts) over 18 years im on my 4th host.
orion, ext, samplitude and bidule.
always used ext in orion for extra routing, not really as a host.
samplitide i grabbed a few years ago, as orion was discontinued and was worried about losing it when my pc dies. bidule i again added for extra routing and off grid experiments.

some people here have used more hosts today alone :hihi:
Amen.

Orion was cool (and even got banned for it with Bones and Kriminal :hihi: )
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pmSo if anyone is happy with Live or any other DAW, I seriously doubt they will jump from it for any reason, I love my wife the way she is and I'm happy without having the need to fix her in any way and vice versa, but still there are tons of people who keep doing the opposite, always wanting more, improvement, always seeking for something more perfect, getting divorced over trivial things and being really unhappy because they expect too much from others, same goes for DAW's, all this "why you left DAW X" threads had me scratching my head for most part when I see some of the reasons, like watching "Shallow Hal" when below average superficial guy is dumping above his league gorgeous women that likes him because she had one toe little bigger than other and stuff like that.
Well, that's not a very good analogy. The cool thing about software is that it can be constantly improved, whereas our bodies, similar to hardware, are much harder to modify once they leave the factory. I think Bitwig is the most beautiful DAW ever made, seriously, this thing is polished AF and Bitwig devs attention to detail is second to none. I'll continue using FL for now because it can do some things Bitwig can't yet (MSEG, alias clips, automation clips) which I use regularly. As soon as Bitwig can do something like that, I'll be ready to jump ship.

^someone is in love :love:

People don’t just leave the factory and it’s not just the Toes.
People changes more than any DAW ever made (if they want to) they even crash :D

Hopefully our music it’s more beautiful than the DAW.

Haven't left and won't but I get why it's not getting major traction. There's certain design and usability aspects that don't make the software particularly easy to use on just a laptop with a trackpad and I feel they now have a sort of very technical competent nerdy user group that doesn't mind all of that, but that's not really who they should only listen to if they want to increase their user base.

Anyway whenever I'm on the go and fire up Bitwig and Ableton in a Cafe I immediately notice how much user friendly Ableton is in this use case and to be honest, most you producers I know don't even own a mouse, they're almost all producing on Macbooks and Thinkpads on the go or lying in bed.

I also use the Pen on the touchscreen and I find Ableton easier to work than BWS with that.
It's really like the mouse and I don't want anything different than the usual way I work all the time when at my workstation with the mouse. I hate the franking tool in BWS appearing under the pen and even turning it off the usage is quirk and please... work like the mouse and don't give me any extra I don't need.

Anyway, BWS it's a no longer fired up lately.
Insufficient update.

Shallow Hal, is that the film with a horse?

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm Shallow Hal, is that the film with a horse?

no, thats "the magnificent 7"
theres actually a few.

liquidsound wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 pm I also use the Pen on the touchscreen and I find Ableton easier to work than BWS with that.
It's really like the mouse and I don't want anything different than the usual way I work all the time when at my workstation with the mouse. I hate the franking tool in BWS appearing under the pen and even turning it off the usage is quirk and please... work like the mouse and don't give me any extra I don't need.

Insufficient update.
I hope you sent that request to support. I've been budding them about this forever. Their touch functions completely screwed up using a pen. Turing off touch when using a pen causes issues where there is a lag before the pen actually works, making it impossible to grab nodes or anything really with any precision.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:23 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm Shallow Hal, is that the film with a horse?

theres actually a few.
I was thinking of Envy.

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:23 pm

theres actually a few.
I'm thinking of Envy.
the homonculous from full metal alchemist?

I haven't seen Full Metal Alchemist. Envy is another Jack Black film with Ben Stiller.

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:44 pm I haven't seen Full Metal Alchemist. Envy is another Jack Black film with Ben Stiller.
i havent seen a jack black film.
and i have no idea who ben stiller is.

im lost now.

American comedy actor. Don't worry Vurt, Ben Stiller isn't to be worried about, you're safe with me, JB & BS.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 pm
liquidsound wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 pm I also use the Pen on the touchscreen and I find Ableton easier to work than BWS with that.

Insufficient update.
I hope you sent that request to support. I've been budding them about this forever. Their touch functions completely screwed up using a pen. Turing off touch when using a pen causes issues where there is a lag before the pen actually works, making it impossible to grab nodes or anything really with any precision.
I didn’t. Maybe I’m not present at the BWS forum enough but you are the only one IIRC that I know of that is voicing issues with the pen touch system.
Ableton Pen interaction it’s a dream for me cause I don’t like to use my fingers on the small monitor and it can even be more fun then the mouse.

Scoox wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:56 pm Well, that's not a very good analogy.
It's not perfect analogy, but still proves the same point.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”