Call to Action: Charity 2020 (auction ended, $31886 raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mails are incoming, and I might as well just say this here: I won't answer whines because of failed last-minute bids, because you think the site was unstable (I told you in the FAQ, didn't I?) and I won't answer stuff covered in the FAQ either, and no, I cannot enter a bid for you because you wasn't home all day and now you want to place a bid on an auction that has ended, paid for, and won by someone else. Just saying... :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Its just a terrible,platform, if i had know i was outbid i would have bid more, the charity would of got more, its not a whine, just pointing out how poor the site is.

I dont feel too bad, i got a Reaper licence again that i dont need, mine is already fresh, so ive donated my bit and not costs a sale to the developer, all good.
Duh

bungle wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 am Its just a terrible,platform, if i had know i was outbid i would have bid more, the charity would of got more, its not a whine, just pointing out how poor the site is.

I dont feel too bad, i got a Reaper licence again that i dont need, mine is already fresh, so ive donated my bit and not costs a sale to the developer, all good.
that's a little much, it's far from terrible. It worked great. If you wait to the last minute like the FAQ recommends NOT doing that is your problem. You were warned.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Compared to the frantic bidding we had on KVR the years before this was a delight. Thanks to Luftrum for making this happen!!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I've learned to bid what I think I can afford, and what is a fair price, and hope I don't get outbid. In some cases by bids were $30+ above other bidders who also won, but it is for a good cause. The only issue I had this year, was a double bid the system did somehow and I won both (duplicate product), but I'll work with the developer to see what we can do. Thanks to all involved in setting this up and running it.

ATS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:18 am that's a little much, it's far from terrible. It worked great. If you wait to the last minute like the FAQ recommends NOT doing that is your problem. You were warned.
I'm not complaining at all, BUT the person that waited until the very last minute is rewarded here, not the one leading the bid since two weeks (at least in my case). I think having the time extend for 5 minutes after each new bet is not such a bad idea, it would certainly mean a lot more cash for the cause.

gondii wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:24 am
ATS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:18 am that's a little much, it's far from terrible. It worked great. If you wait to the last minute like the FAQ recommends NOT doing that is your problem. You were warned.
I'm not complaining at all, BUT the person that waited until the very last minute is rewarded here, not the one leading the bid since two weeks (at least in my case). I think having the time extend for 5 minutes after each new bet is not such a bad idea, it would certainly mean a lot more cash for the cause.
it's an auction, they bid more than you so they won.

Well, this is the auction guys! You can't wait the last minute, and you can't predict if no one will outbid you in the last minute ;)
I thought someone would outbid me in the last minute really! I was surprised that I won :hihi: But, I lost other items before, so, no one is to blame (as the song said)!

What I found disappointing is that if you had multiple items in your cart and you were outbid on an item, there was no way to remove that item from your cart without going back to the auction page.

Anyway, congrats to those who got what they wanted, kudos all around for the money raised for charity, and a big thanks to the developers who contributed — in particular Soren/Luftrum for running the show. :tu: :clap:

I would say 99.999999999% of problems people are talking about would be solved by just bidding the max you are willing to pay well in advance.

Congrats to everyone involved for raising 30k! I didn't end up bidding on anything this year since nothing that I don't already own looked appealing, which is probably a pretty good sign that I've got too much stuff :help:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Congratulations on raising 30k!

If anyone who won one of the "NUGEN Audio - Surround Suite bundle" bought more than one or are interested to sell theirs (before being registered of course), I'm interested. Send me a PM.

I was bidding on a few other things where I had been outbid in the last few minutes and I got outbid on the NUGEN bundle with less than a minute to spare. My bid price was actually slightly higher than what some of the other NUGEN bundles went for. I know it's my fault for not biding any higher, but it's a bit of luck of the draw when you have multiples of the same items on which one someone will bid on. If I would have picked another instance of the NUGEN bundle instead, I might have won it (or not since it might have been the one someone bid on instead).

ATS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:18 am
bungle wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 am Its just a terrible,platform, if i had know i was outbid i would have bid more, the charity would of got more, its not a whine, just pointing out how poor the site is.

that's a little much, it's far from terrible. It worked great. If you wait to the last minute like the FAQ recommends NOT doing that is your problem. You were warned.
Erm i didnt wait till the last minute to bid, i overbidded, the site told me i had won, then i got an email saying i had been outbid, that is literally terrible, being told you are the highest bidder after the clock stops, for over two minutes with refreshes, then getting an email to say you havent won hahaha, yeah not terrible hahaha.

Im not saying i was ripped off, im not saying i deserve this that or the other, i was purchasing to gift anyway, im saying the site is terrible, which it is, to be clear im not unhappy, i have my third unused reaper licence from the auctions, i paid more than anybody else, its for charity, thats the point, the site is still terrible.
Duh

I was winning early on, got outbid about 10 minutes before the end, then upped my bid with 6 seconds left and won. I don't feel the least bit of regret.

Return to “Instruments”