Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

xphen0m wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:51 pm I'm running on a PC with an i7 3770, and dedicated GPU with 32 GB memory and it does this way too much in certain instances.
Desktop i7 4790@3.6Ghz, 32GB Ram, as said, no issues.
Say NO to CLAP!

jamcat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 pm Another graphics issue:
The orange and red channel lights on Satch VM look the same. Maybe they're not the same colour exactly, but the difference is too subtle to be able to tell which channel mode is selected. This wasn't a problem in AT4.

Also: the white rack Parametric EQ kills AmpliTube when inserted into the Loop FX.
Agreed on BOTH ^!!!!

Wow, I thought my AT5 was toast from the Parametric EQ, I had to fiddle with inputs in audio options again to get it working. It came back to life... WTF IK??!!

I thought they left out a channel for a minute on the VM, AT4 was way easier to see - ALL colors, had no blurry edge on the indicator lights either.

Still got no support reply since release day either. :x

Harmonator Key and Scale selector arrows still need to be fixed. Way too intermittent & funky, they get locked up and/or slow. THIS was a part of my ticket.

ShawnMH wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:35 am
jamcat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 pm Another graphics issue:
The orange and red channel lights on Satch VM look the same. Maybe they're not the same colour exactly, but the difference is too subtle to be able to tell which channel mode is selected. This wasn't a problem in AT4.

Also: the white rack Parametric EQ kills AmpliTube when inserted into the Loop FX.
Agreed on BOTH ^!!!!

Wow, I thought my AT5 was toast from the Parametric EQ, I had to fiddle with inputs in audio options again to get it working. It came back to life... WTF IK??!!

I thought they left out a channel for a minute on the VM, AT4 was way easier to see - ALL colors, had no blurry edge on the indicator lights either.

Still got no support reply since release day either. :x

Harmonator Key and Scale selector arrows still need to be fixed. Way too intermittent & funky, they get locked up and/or slow. THIS was a part of my ticket.
I'm thinking support got completely slammed with all of the AT5 related issues. This one needed another month or two in beta IMO. And now the poor support staff has to pay the price.

@ShawnMH please PM or post your ticket number for me, something's definitely off if you haven't received a response since release day.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 pm Just tried CS. I can't get any sound out of standalone (its routed correctly, all the meters waggle but no audio).

Quite like the new UI in the vst version, and browsing is more slick. I currently have 4 Max, so there's a good amount of stuff that shows up. Aside from new amps etc, what else am I missing as compared to the regular full version?
Anyone to address this position?

In the absence of answers I'll just stick on CS, using it in anger over the coming months and seeing how I get on with it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I think I had the same problem. Everything was routed correctly but no sound in standalone. Then I repicked the same output that was already picked correctly and all of a sudden it all worked. Graphical glitch?

Try picking your outputs and inputs again even if the value that you have is already correct.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

Still not liking hitting some button and getting the “upgrade now” messages for certain functions like splitting 3 ways.

Like a dog looking at you begging for food. Stay classy IK..
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

jinotsuh wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:47 pm
xphen0m wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:51 pm I'm running on a PC with an i7 3770, and dedicated GPU with 32 GB memory and it does this way too much in certain instances.
Desktop i7 4790@3.6Ghz, 32GB Ram, as said, no issues.
As an update, I narrowed it down to demoing items from the Custom Shop causing the issue.

musicdoc wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:30 pm Still not liking hitting some button and getting the “upgrade now” messages for certain functions like splitting 3 ways.

Like a dog looking at you begging for food. Stay classy IK..
You're trying to use premium features that you haven't paid for. Pay for the upgrade or stop complaining.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Without replying to you in a facetious tone, the problem is not just the gear but certain functions that give you the pop up. There is no way to know what these functions are until you press them. It’s quite a nonsensible way of doing things. I wonder if you have actually used the CS version?

Imagine having a menu of stuff say in Cubase and some of the items beg you to upgrade and there is no way to know short of trial and error.

It's pretty straight forward, actually, and quite reasonable. If the gear or feature was part of something you have purchased, you can use it in the free CS upgrade at no additional cost. If it's new and is not part of something you have already purchased, then you need to purchase a paid upgrade to use it.

Did you have triple-amp routing in the version of AmpliTube you purchased? No, which is why you don't have it now.

So they're giving you a free upgrade for the stuff you bought, but not anything new for free.

Valid complaint, no need to shut up.

Ik could grey out buttons but I realize and to a certain extent understand why they won't avoid pushing the up sale.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It’s not a valid complaint. Complaining about not getting something you paid for is valid. Complaining about not getting something for free is not. Neither is complaining about something you got for free. If you don’t like the free version of AmpliTube 5 CS, pay for the upgrade or stick with the version you bought.

We disagree.

Notice how I don't invalidate your opinion or tell you to shut up?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

A less obnoxious way of implementing this would be to a) grey out unavailable buttons b) use a tooltip to say "requires <version>" when mouse hovers over button. This way the same information is given but the user workflow is less disrupted.

Return to “Effects”