Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 am [snip...]
So as you can see, no valid alternative left.
iLok soft
msvs wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 am why, what has this message to do with stopping using Codemeter? :?:
If you have to mitigate user concerns about the copy protection with an affirmation for user not to worry, then that says something negative about the copy protection used. At least to me. But, if not to you, ok. Hope it all works out for you.

I own and use Vengeance but I *hate* Codemeter because it seems like shitty software and I am concerned for my system stability over-all. I also hate having to authorize the synth after a short period of non-use.

Just go with iLok buddy. Stop the Codemeter madness! :x
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, why not iLok soft, seems to be not a hassle to use. Or was it cracked?

Giving the choice of ilok dongle vs software I personally would go with the dongle, but indeed I know many people are 'comfortable' with ilok soft.
I believe in the past he had said that ilok was too expensive. (hope I am remembering correctly)
rsp
sound sculptist

Ah ok. Well, I don't meant ilok with dongle for sure, that would be extra ugly. I really would like to try the new 1.61, sounds to me that maybe some macos version instability was fixed finally (opengl context release). But I won't with that kind of annoying copyprotection. If it would ask only 2 years for reactivation - ok. But not this. I will use Zebra then, maybe not that comfortable gui, but maybe better sound anyway :hihi:

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am Version 1.6.1 is now live

1.6.1 changelog

- added: new feature for OSC sample stacker: each sample slot can have its own key/velocity range where it is played. This is also displayed in realtime. Go to a sample OSC / Edit / chose slot 1-4 of sample stack

Awesome 😎 thank you guys can we import samples with key velocity in one folder and it will arrange everything where it suppose to go?

Awsome can we import samples with velocity and key in one folder and it will arrange everything where it suppose to go can you make a quick video. I can't wait for your piano expansion with different velocity

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:37 pm Ah ok. Well, I don't meant ilok with dongle for sure, that would be extra ugly. I really would like to try the new 1.61, sounds to me that maybe some macos version instability was fixed finally (opengl context release). But I won't with that kind of annoying copyprotection. If it would ask only 2 years for reactivation - ok. But not this. I will use Zebra then, maybe not that comfortable gui, but maybe better sound anyway :hihi:
Whereas i think ilok software is begging for trouble. HD dives and then good luck :).
But I believe ilok offers the developers the choice of dongle, hard drive, cloud, all or any combination of the above.
Indeed ilok would get my vote (you would be able to use software protection and i would use dongle, we both would be happy)
rsp
sound sculptist

Sure, this is a great synth, but it is unusable in production due the shitty copyprotection, which is disabling the plugin each three months! A total no-go!

But this stubburn company never will get over their own shadows. Isn't the most important that the most recent version never is cracked? Due all those frequent OS changes by Apple and Microsoft, you need to update your software all the time, and this only is possible for the paying customer.

No, I don't want to activate that copyprotection driver again, two services running in the background all the time! And then after three months, I return to a project, and it does not work anymore.

Also I payed for this, when it hadn't this shitty protection, but a normal one. I know my text here is useless, they will ignore it. But it is pretty frustrating.

unfortunately iLok, especially soft is absolutely no option for various reasons, which I wont discuss since I dont want to badmouth or devalue this product here.
Also I payed for this, when it hadn't this shitty protection, but a normal one. I know my text here is useless, they will ignore it. But it is pretty frustrating.
yes, since this is no democracy here. You cant vote, what we have to to. We decide ourselves, based on facts and numbers you dont have access to. You can tell us your opinion however, what you have done dozens of times already. Thank you. All I can say, as soon as we have an alternative we can think about a migration. But as I wrote there is none at the horizon atm.

1.6.2 hotfix

- fixed: arp first note is not played correct in some DAWs

msvs wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:55 am (...)
Thank you. All I can say, as soon as we have an alternative we can think about a migration. But as I wrote there is none at the horizon atm.
Have you guys decided about protection for the next Avenger version, or is it under consideration as well?

msvs wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:59 am 1.6.2 hotfix

- fixed: arp first note is not played correct in some DAWs
The web site says 1.6.1 - but the download link actually gives you 1.6.2.
(just need to fix the web page)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I was hoping all these updates would have crossfade for multiloops.

DanielPL wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:57 am
msvs wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:55 am (...)
Thank you. All I can say, as soon as we have an alternative we can think about a migration. But as I wrote there is none at the horizon atm.
Have you guys decided about protection for the next Avenger version, or is it under consideration as well?
atm there is nothing to decide. As I said, no alternatives to consider

Do the people who are asking to switch to ilok cloud know you need to be connected to the internet 24/7? If you lose your connection, you can't use your software. Give me codemeter over that POS any day (and yeah, I do own some ilok cloud software).

Return to “Instruments”