Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:34 pm I also don't mean to hijack here, but there was one like that for OB-X Pro Katsunori Ujiie playing where he reveals it is the plugin and not the hardware's audio.
Arturia OB-Xa V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NnRFgQWtY
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:46 am
Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:34 pm I also don't mean to hijack here, but there was one like that for OB-X Pro Katsunori Ujiie playing where he reveals it is the plugin and not the hardware's audio.
Arturia OB-Xa V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NnRFgQWtY
I edited my original post as I meant OP-X Pro, not OB-X.
Here is the video I was talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYI7XTmnIEM

Can anyone really tell the difference between hardware and any good software emulation now a days, especially once recorded?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Probably not from a YouTube video, maybe in the real world.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

In a mix on a record? I don't think so...

The question for me is rather what is more fun to tweak and play. With a lot of software, I simply reach the limit of the sweet spot very often, and it can sound very ugly, while (good sounding) hardware seems to be one massive sweet spot, without the ugly spots.

When I take a look at the soft synths I usually reach for, those are the ones with the biggest sweet spot.

Watched the entire Bright Sparks documentary (both parts). Really excellent. Can’t wait for OB-E. Here’s hoping today’s the day. (It’s Tuesday where I am. If it’s Monday for you, I mean tomorrow.)
Stormchild

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 am The question for me is rather what is more fun to tweak and play. With a lot of software, I simply reach the limit of the sweet spot very often, and it can sound very ugly, while (good sounding) hardware seems to be one massive sweet spot, without the ugly spots.

When I take a look at the soft synths I usually reach for, those are the ones with the biggest sweet spot.
Can’t beat a 60 or 106 emulation for that but depends what it is for.
Last edited by audiouser720 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Tuesday. Is it out yet?

kritikon wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:20 pm It's Tuesday. Is it out yet?
I would expect it out Tuesday afternoon UK time (where GForce are located).

Wouldn't it be something if there was another twist.
That is the OB-E was the second synth to come and something else is coming tomorrow instead.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:24 pm Wouldn't it be be something if there was another twist.
That is the OB-E was the second synth to come and something else is coming tomorrow instead.
rsp
Like maybe a proper CS-80!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

YES!!! :)
rsp
sound sculptist

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm Like maybe a proper CS-80!
Then we only need a Keyboard with polyphonic Aftertouch and Ribbon Controller! :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm Like maybe a proper CS-80!
Then we only need a Keyboard with polyphonic Aftertouch and Ribbon Controller! :hihi:
I have a ribbon controller :D But it doesn't behave anything like the one on the CS-80. I'm still mystified why so many years later that amazing approach to a ribbon controller isn't widely copied. Using most resistance based versions is a joke by comparison.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Instruments”