Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

LFO phase seems to work fine over here.

As for S&H, if you're routing it to filter cutoff, if you use Cutoff Mod menu that one is control rate smoothed, but FM one is audio rate and not smoothed.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:53 pm As for S&H, if you're routing it to filter cutoff, if you use Cutoff Mod menu that one is control rate smoothed, but FM one is audio rate and not smoothed.
Awesome. Now it behaves like I know it. :)

Regarding the LFO phase: Doesn't work here. I just can't get it to start at the same position of the waveform.

VST2 or VST3? DAW?

VST3, in both Studio One 4.6 Pro and Cubase AI 11 64-bit, Windows 10.

But, yeah... I should maybe give it a go in the VST2. :) Edit: Nope, doesn't work in the VST2 here either.

Works fine with VST2 in S1v4 and Reaper here... Largo v1.7.4.

vst3 is still a problem for most daws, and especially locked down ones with priority formats. it is getting better, but my guess is by the time it is solid they will be pushing vst4. i am a waldorf vet (owned many), and can tell you they are more old school then new wave. it might take a minute to fix problems.

If it's a VST3 specific issue it's likely on Waldorf's side than fault of VST3 itself or VST3 implementation of any particular DAW, I'd say.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:08 pm Works fine with VST2 in S1v4 and Reaper here... Largo v1.7.4.
I just tested a bit more, and, it looks like the phase retriggers fine when the LFO's tempo is not synced to the host tempo, but doesn't when it is tempo synced. Maybe you can test that.

It happens both in the VST2 and VST3 here.

"like i posted (and got deleted), the s and h is speed related:"

that response was posted in the wrong thread. and my phone is stuck in french or latin or something. stupid computers .

In both Spire and V-Station, the phase always starts at the same point, regardless of whether the LFO is tempo synced or not, so, I assume it's a rather strange behavior in Largo.

If I create a 4 bar loop, set the tempo sync to one bar, and draw a note at every bar, the phase retriggering works as expected in Largo. Just weird that it doesn't start on every note when the song is not playing. Unless I miss something. That's definitely not how Spire and V-Station behave.

waldorf is known for bugs and small behavior issues. it's part of the buy in, they are just so far ahead nobody cares. they were virus before virus, and taught virus how to do waves. they do tend to have bugs, even in hardware.

Yeah, there's definitely the one or the other bug I found in their software over the years. :) In this case, I wonder if it is really a bug, or just different behavior though. Other synths seem to just retrigger the LFO's phase on every note, when the LFO's tempo is synced, and the song in the DAW is not playing.

the lfo is speed related. if this is a flat lfo, idk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think when tempo synced the phase is likely linked to song position pointer in some way?

Shouldn't it always start at the same point then, when you have the song stopped?

Another wonderul mystery in the world of audio software. :D

Return to “Instruments”