Finally the very good news from Steinberg!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

The poor thing has just been set free, and you want to use it again? How dare you.

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:35 pm so whats everyone looking forward to using their free usb slot for?
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 22.47.48.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm looking forward to no longer seeing that pulsing red light.

I hope they think of a practical way of transferring the license!
Damn! Thinking of it now, it might be no license transfer at all :o I better get hurry!

But I love my Dongle..

A dongle is like "why this song is iconic."

pixel85 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:42 pm I don't know how many but I feel that a lot of people are ready to subscribe to get a new EQ/compressor every month because they believe that new is always better.
I wouldn't be surprised if some companies would begin to just re-release the same plugin with just a new GUI every month to show that subscription is worth it, because people will hear that it's yet another game-changer anyway :wink:
Haha, interesting observation. :D

It depends on what kind of user base Steinberg has:
a. Is it the plug-in junkies who are looking at innovations
and are blinded by everything "new"?
Or b. Are they more professional studio workers who are
more interested in getting a mix done?

So you can earn real money with clientele (a), especially if you fuel
them even more, and when the narrative that the new is always the
game changer becomes even more significant and shining! :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:35 pm so whats everyone looking forward to using their free usb slot for?
First, I'll change the playlist from Blues to freedom/independence songs and I'll sing it to my finally free USB port. Also I'll read books about freedom etc. to teach it and gives ideas what it can do with given freedom.
When my USB port grow up and it will start his new life with wifey USB and USB children Ill visit them from time to time.

Nasty eLicenser will end up on electric chair.

enroe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:28 am
pixel85 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:42 pm I don't know how many but I feel that a lot of people are ready to subscribe to get a new EQ/compressor every month because they believe that new is always better.
I wouldn't be surprised if some companies would begin to just re-release the same plugin with just a new GUI every month to show that subscription is worth it, because people will hear that it's yet another game-changer anyway :wink:
Haha, interesting observation. :D

It depends on what kind of user base Steinberg has:
a. Is it the plug-in junkies who are looking at innovations
and are blinded by everything "new"?
Or b. Are they more professional studio workers who are
more interested in getting a mix done?

So you can earn real money with clientele (a), especially if you fuel
them even more, and when the narrative that the new is always the
game changer becomes even more significant and shining! :hihi:
I guess it's more towards B as its hard to buy Cubase Pro for $29 which makes it a bit less addictive ;)

Steinberg could also remove all native plugins from C11.5 and sell them separately with new shiny GUI imitating hardware (or give them one by one in subscription).
Then after that, re-release them with new tech imitating analog consoles (on compressor, flanger, even on channel matrix plugin because why not): every parameter is randomly changed between L/R channel +- 20dB with no user control - the dream of every poor analog hardware junky ;)

Sky is the limit :D

pixel85 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:44 am Steinberg could also remove all native plugins from C11.5 and sell them separately with new shiny GUI imitating hardware (or give them one by one in subscription).
Exactly, that will be the new sales model. And the GUIs are changed
every month! :D
pixel85 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:44 am ... every parameter is randomly changed between L/R channel +- 20dB with no user control ...
Ooops what a great idea! That would come closer to the mix-consoles
of earlier times and also revive the myth of the venerable hardware
bolides of the sixties. Also, newer mix versions of the songs would
sound less uniform and the same ... :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

surreal wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:55 am But I love my Dongle..
Do you stroke it every day?

fese wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:56 am
surreal wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:55 am But I love my Dongle..
Do you stroke it every day?
nope , i don't play with tools... they stay outta view... cause I'm that decent type of Bloke who makes music :tu: :lol:

For making my computer analogue and tube-powered, duh

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:16 pm
For making my computer analogue and tube-powered, duh

steam punk butt plugs? whatever next!?

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:18 pm steam punk butt plugs?
For that genuine analog warmth
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”