Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:16 am People in here asking if big trance producers use Zebra — they do, and one I can name off the top of my head is Allen Watts. And these guys don't make 90's era rave tunes, they make modern huge trance songs. I even have a project file from a pretty famous trance producer that uses Zebra in a supersaw stack.

And yeah, the FSS Zebra libraries are testament to the fact that Zebra is just as capable of modern sounds as it is of old school sounds, just like literally any synth on the market. Check out their Zebra Essential Collection Volume 1 demo for a better example IMO, which has the supersaw from Above & Beyond's Sun & Moon at 1:26
Cool !! Thanks for the informations !!! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

That's crazy! You need to make music in the future to be able to sell it now!

EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:28 am That's crazy! You need to make music in the future to be able to sell it now!
True !! :D

But this always relies on specific gimmicks (like a tapestop on a voice for example =>so next year don’t do it), usage of kind of sounds, type of percussions. It’s possible to anticipate a little when you listen to the big hits on the radio.

A supermodern sound and you give a supersaw as an example ? :hihi:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I hate Zebra 2! It's the worst synth ever!

I love ZebraHZ! It's the best synth ever! I use it every day and sleep with it under my pillow!

:box:
A well-behaved signature.

It’s not the synth, it’s the producer. Mr Bill uses Zebra all the time and he is as clean / modern as it gets.

I heard Z2 was used on Sgt Peppers, just before Z3 was announced...

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 am I heard Z2 was used on Sgt Peppers, just before Z3 was announced...
This is why Z1 is better, it had tubes.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:30 am
EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:28 am That's crazy! You need to make music in the future to be able to sell it now!

But this always relies on specific gimmicks (like a tapestop on a voice for example =>so next year don’t do it), usage of kind of sounds, type of percussions. It’s possible to anticipate a little when you listen to the big hits on the radio.
Well maybe when we are young we feel the time much longer and old things seem shameful, but when we get older and older, we loose this. I still consider some songs “new” and they were released 20 years ago. Personally, most of what I’m listening to now is from the 60’s and 70’s era in spite of me being grown up with the 80’s. I lost the sense of time and everything seems mixed to me, which is a wonderful feeling ;)

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 pm My favourite synths for supersaws would be Avenger or Navira, personal tastes...
So you have Navira? How do you like it?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am A supermodern sound and you give a supersaw as an example ? :hihi:
Well the real deal was : a sound I assume Zebra2 can’t reproduce. The supersaws I’ve heard from Zebra2 sound nothing like this one.
Imho Zebra2, which came out around 2007 I believe, can’t make a 2015 (I made it in 2018) sound.
If it can, then cool !! I’m not here to prove anything. If I find a way to get those sounds from Zebra2, then great : I can use it in my music !!
recursive one wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 am
DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 pm My favourite synths for supersaws would be Avenger or Navira, personal tastes...
So you have Navira? How do you like it?
It’s clearly an unfinished product. I got hanging notes coming from nowhere simply while browsing the presets. But the sound is awesome !
EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:30 am

Well maybe when we are young we feel the time much longer and old things seem shameful, but when we get older and older, we loose this. I still consider some songs “new” and they were released 20 years ago. Personally, most of what I’m listening to now is from the 60’s and 70’s era in spite of me being grown up with the 80’s. I lost the sense of time and everything seems mixed to me, which is a wonderful feeling ;)
I’m 39 years old... but business is business... :?
When I started producing for labels in 2006 I’ve been very surprised indeed to head things such as ”you should update your drums/sounds”... But this is the reality there... you need to be constantly up to date...
Last edited by DJErmac on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Let me wade through this plethora of tutorials on how to make a hardstyle kick and lead in Zebra , or let me chop my way through the forest of tutorials on screech creation in Zebra.

No wait, they don't exist because there are synths that are far better for things like this. Sylenth, Serum are the main 2. There is a huge scene out there of the harder dance styles and im pretty confident to suggest that Zebra doesn't feature much if at all.

Now I am not suggesting it is not capable of these sounds, but obviously there are far better choices. Serum being the main one, but personally having owned Zebra2, came quickly to realise it's just not suited at all to these styles. Maybe Hive is better suited, but again, there are synths around already that are perfectly suited.

I am certainly not interested in what HZ does with it, or the fact he uses it exclusively means the synth is perfect for everything. It simply is not.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am A supermodern sound and you give a supersaw as an example ? :hihi:
Well the real deal was : a sound I assume Zebra2 can’t reproduce. The supersaws I’ve heard from Zebra2 sound nothing like this one.
Imho Zebra2, which came out around 2007 I believe, can’t make a 2015 (I made it in 2018) sound.
If it can, then cool !! I’m not here to prove anything. If I find a way to get those sounds from Zebra2, then great : I can use it in my music !!
Zebra has had many upates since 2009
-new xm filters
-3 new zdf filters in the regular filter module ( tyrell filter and two ms 20 filters )
-new osc effects
-faster lfo's ( without slewing )
- zebra -Hz with awesome filters

please get your facts straight

Nothing I hear from your posted clips sound new or cutting edge at all ,all I hear are detuned supersaws + reverb/compression , and for the basses I hear phase locked oscillators with a phaser on top .
Do you really thing that new sounds are created because some new vst released in 2017 claims it re-invents the wheel ?
To me it seems that you're a clear victim of marketing hype

For hardstyle kicks set osc to reset or use the self oscillating xmf filter (zebra hz filter is even beter )turn on click and TURN OFF smooth attacks .
Sure zebra can not do everything , but I am still confident that the majority of user complaints is simply because of lack of programming skills , knowing zebra inside out
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

LeVzi wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:45 am Let me wade through this plethora of tutorials on how to make a hardstyle kick and lead in Zebra , or let me chop my way through the forest of tutorials on screech creation in Zebra.

No wait, they don't exist because there are synths that are far better for things like this. Sylenth, Serum are the main 2.
Nobody here is saying that Zebra 2 is for beginners. Tutorials are aimed at beginners. Intermediate producers should easily be able to take the relevant info from a Sylenth/Serum patch tutorial and apply it to Zebra.

the majority of user complaints is just trolling with pedantic diatribe !
more than 10 page of useless comments and aggressive post toward a dev
what a waste of time !
i would have lock this thread some days ago if I were a mod

Return to “Instruments”