EOS (1) needed - No support at Audiodamage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been sent a large amount of music tracks by a client for further processing by me. These pieces are mostly based on tracks with EOS (version 1).

Now I can only further edit these pieces if I buy EOS (version 1). I see that this effect is no longer available officially. The successor version is of no use to me in this case, because the music program (Reaper) opens everything correctly only if I load EOS (version 1).

It's a big job for me and I hope anyone know how I can still purchase EOS (v1).

Support at Audiodamage seems to be non-existent. I have not received a reply since two weeks.

It's a very long shot but, maybe Sean Costello (Valhalla) can help you.
Sean designed the algorithms used in EOS 1.
Send him an email.

Thanks for the tip. I don't think it will do any good, but I'll give it a try.

It's a pity that Audio Damage doesn't seem interested in customer service. I will probably avoid this company in the future.

tom995 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am I have been sent a large amount of music tracks by a client for further processing by me. These pieces are mostly based on tracks with EOS (version 1).

Now I can only further edit these pieces if I buy EOS (version 1).
You realise this is only the tip of an iceberg regarding a fundamental workflow issue, dont you? You're going to have this issue for every single plugin any of your clients have that you dont.

You also might want to consider addressing the problem differently. For example, you could ask the client to provide impulse responses of his EOS settings, and use a convolver plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

so all your clients have to use reaper and the same plug ins you own?

can you not work with audio stems?
why is the project file necessary?

I gotta say it's refreshing to see someone trying to legally obtain a plugin. Audio Damage can definitely be... curmudgeonly. I wonder if it's legal for your client to supply the plugin as long as it's only used in one place at a time... Probably not. It might be the case that you will need to sweet talk the Grinch into being kind and helpful.

Or you can just tell your client that the EOS2 settings you're using were a choice and much better.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hi

OR, you might put a WTB EOS V1 ad in the marketplace - someone might have a copy they don't use anymore and will sell to you for a reasonable price?

Could your client provide you with audio stems of the Eos effects? I don't think you can legally buy a used Eos1 license anymore, as AD don't allow transfers for some time now. Maybe they'll check their mail and find a license for you(?)

Ask them for stems of the tracks - with and without reverb.

Many of us have Eos 1 but you only have 5 posts....

I agree with the fellow commenters: stems / individual audio tracks are the way to go. No client can expect you to have the most obscure version of any potential plugin he uses at hand, unless he is able to provide these plugins to you.

He could additionaly export the fx (send) channel of the solo'd tracks (the ones that use reverbs), so that you get a better impression of what kind of reverb sound he was aiming for, to recreate the sound with your tools.

If you don't get hold of EOS1 than tell your client to provide screenshots of the reverb settings too.

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

There are, of course, some possible workarounds to reach the goal. But EOS 1 would have been much more comfortable for me and, above all, much more time-saving for these many projects. It is a pity that this company is not interested in such problems, although it would be easy to offer me a licence. Five other companies were very helpful and mostly even offered me the licences for free, as I own the successor versions of the respective VTSs.

Well, with problems like this, you can see which companies are interested in their customers.

tom995 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:46 am Thanks for the tip. I don't think it will do any good, but I'll give it a try.

It's a pity that Audio Damage doesn't seem interested in customer service. I will probably avoid this company in the future.
Blacklisted for me. If they haven't answered you in two weeks I won't buy their products. Haven't purchased anything from them yet, so thankful for the heads up. Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience.

tom995 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am The successor version is of no use to me in this case, because the music program (Reaper) opens everything correctly only if I load EOS (version 1).
In Reaper you can rename the .dll to the exact plugin name Reaper reports as missing. And if both versions are compatible (which I assume they are), the projects should open without a problem afterwards.

Sorry for telling you that solution only a week later - I didn't have a look at this thread before... its title didn't work to your advantage here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If the company isn't helping you to give them your money I would ask your client for a copy of the plugin to use while you complete the project. Then you can delete it when you finish up. Not necessarily the most legit way of doing it, but ad isn't interested in selling it to you.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:24 pm If the company isn't helping you to give them your money I would ask your client for a copy of the plugin to use while you complete the project. Then you can delete it when you finish up. Not necessarily the most legit way of doing it, but ad isn't interested in selling it to you.
or do all that and buy EOS 2, everyone wins.

Return to “Effects”