Swanky Amp (release 1.4.0)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist

Topic Starter

188 posts since 26 Sep, 2019

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm

At long last, the beta is released! You can grab a copy here: https://www.resonantdsp.com/swankyamppro/.

Please do keep in mind it is early days, there is still progress to be made, and feedback will be very welcome. I'll move the conversation surrounding the Pro vesrion over to a new thread, but I do expect I'll be bringing some improvements from the Pro version into the original version when time allows, so this thread won't die off completely.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped get here. I'm looking forward to feedback on the Pro version.

Garrin
Last edited by garrinm on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
62 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Downloaded. Quick test, sounds excellent on my HB patch from last testing. Then I closed my test project and my DAW hung. Not sure if related :-). I'll continue testing.

KVRist

Topic Starter

188 posts since 26 Sep, 2019

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:17 pm

prodigal_sounds wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm
Downloaded. Quick test, sounds excellent on my HB patch from last testing. Then I closed my test project and my DAW hung. Not sure if related :-). I'll continue testing.
Thanks for the update! If you see the DAW hanging again please let me know.

EDIT: also, as much as this thread has a great history, I think we should move "pro" discussions to the other thread as I wouldn't want to monopolize the effects section of the forum with two concurrent threads always pinging at the same time.

User avatar
KVRAF
2728 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:19 pm

garrinm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm
At long last, the beta is released! You can grab a copy here: https://resonantdsp.com/swankyamppro.

Please do keep in mind it is early days, there is still progress to be made, and feedback will be very welcome. I'll move the conversation surrounding the Pro vesrion over to a new thread, but I do expect I'll be bringing some improvements from the Pro version into the original version when time allows, so this thread won't die off completely.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped get here. I'm looking forward to feedback on the Pro version.

Garrin
'Not Found
The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again'

KVRist

Topic Starter

188 posts since 26 Sep, 2019

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Russell Grand wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:19 pm
garrinm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm
At long last, the beta is released! You can grab a copy here: https://resonantdsp.com/swankyamppro.

Please do keep in mind it is early days, there is still progress to be made, and feedback will be very welcome. I'll move the conversation surrounding the Pro vesrion over to a new thread, but I do expect I'll be bringing some improvements from the Pro version into the original version when time allows, so this thread won't die off completely.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped get here. I'm looking forward to feedback on the Pro version.

Garrin
'Not Found
The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again'
:dog: Thanks for the heads up.

KVRian
1288 posts since 8 Jan, 2003 from Edinburgh

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am

Here's the other thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=564096
John Braner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

KVRer
9 posts since 13 Nov, 2002 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 am

Hi Garrin and all,

Guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I just discovered Swanky Amp and downloaded the free version today. I must say it sounds great for those low-to-medium gain tones. It seems to cover pretty much all the tones I look for in a guitar amp very well. Great work and thanks for sharing it as open source/GPL!

I'm also helping running a site dedicated to amp sims called "Honest Amp Sim Reviews". I took the liberty of mentioning Swanky Amp there (and also the Pro version). Hope that is ok. If not please tell me and I'll remove it again.

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2020/06/26/others/

Johan

KVRian
1288 posts since 8 Jan, 2003 from Edinburgh

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:30 am

Hey Johan,
I just recently found your group on Facebook. I was going to mention Swanky Amp there - but figured I'd wait until "Pro" is ready for prime time ;)

I guess "medium gain" is relative, but this amp can get a little "angry" when you start turning things up ;)
John Braner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

KVRist

Topic Starter

188 posts since 26 Sep, 2019

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:03 am

klinge wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 am
Hi Garrin and all,

Guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I just discovered Swanky Amp and downloaded the free version today. I must say it sounds great for those low-to-medium gain tones. It seems to cover pretty much all the tones I look for in a guitar amp very well. Great work and thanks for sharing it as open source/GPL!

I'm also helping running a site dedicated to amp sims called "Honest Amp Sim Reviews". I took the liberty of mentioning Swanky Amp there (and also the Pro version). Hope that is ok. If not please tell me and I'll remove it again.

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2020/06/26/others/

Johan
Hi Johan,

Of course thank you for the shout out. I sense very much a "down the rabbit hole" situation with all the content on that site. I'm looking forward to reading more there.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need any information about the plugins.

Thanks,
Garrin

KVRer
9 posts since 13 Nov, 2002 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:49 pm

jbraner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:30 am
Hey Johan,
I just recently found your group on Facebook. I was going to mention Swanky Amp there - but figured I'd wait until "Pro" is ready for prime time ;)

I guess "medium gain" is relative, but this amp can get a little "angry" when you start turning things up ;)
Happy to hear you found our little group for amp sim fanatics. Hope you enjoy it.

And I must admit that I was impressed by the free version and had to post about it directly - sorry if that disrupted your plans :)

I also agree that it definitely gets "angry" but it doesn't really deliver collosal amounts of searing high-gain madness. Which on the other hand is perfectly alright with me - my interest is more in tones ranging from clean to "dad rock" :)

KVRian
1288 posts since 8 Jan, 2003 from Edinburgh

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:05 pm

I also agree that it definitely gets "angry" but it doesn't really deliver collosal amounts of searing high-gain madness. Which on the other hand is perfectly alright with me - my interest is more in tones ranging from clean to "dad rock"
I agree :tu:
John Braner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Effects”