Reason high-res beta starts soon!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:35 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:58 ambut me still like to scale the rack. why is it unreasonable? to expect that?
I'm not saying it's unreasonable to want that.

But it's unreasonable to be dissapointed it isn't there, as it wasn't announced and RS's trackrecord with regards to implementing stuff isn't stellar, i.e. they rarely go out of their way and add industry-leading stuff (or even industry-standard stuff, some would argue). :)
ok! but o well, would like to have scaling within reason. i can live without it. so no reason (the puns are neverending...) to update to 12. that would for me the main reason (again!!!).

a big big oversight, because yes it is a DAW, but still with instruments, which are scalable! in cubase, yes. in ableton, in a way... bitwig also, you can expand devices, sometimes..

but, i think my point is clear. still me like reason, have 11 suite, so years of fun, without subscription... (EDIT: and noise engineering, although VST's are coming... still like them as RE's... and some other third party stuff, not much i have, but what i have great!)

There are a ton of assumptions being made in this thread. I strongly encourage everyone to wait until this is done and released before you start writing it off as being handled in a way that won't satisfy your requirements. :tu:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yup, September is a long way away and that's assuming it doesn't slip...I will wait until its done, realised and properly tested by the current user base before I consider buying Reason, so its probably a 2022 thing for me....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 pm Yup, September is a long way away and that's assuming it doesn't slip...I will wait until its done, realised and properly tested by the current user base before I consider buying Reason, so its probably a 2022 thing for me....
Whare was it announced for September?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

They've updated the beta entry to include this:
There's no zooming. We simply adapt to your screen and OS settings and use hi-resolution resources for that. You can "test" this by changing your OS scaling.

We're working hard on application zooming right now and the plan is to have that ready for launch, too. This would allow you to set a global scaling for Reason (plug-in or DAW) independent of your OS settings and screen resolution.
:party: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:51 pm They've updated the beta entry to include this:
There's no zooming. We simply adapt to your screen and OS settings and use hi-resolution resources for that. You can "test" this by changing your OS scaling.

We're working hard on application zooming right now and the plan is to have that ready for launch, too. This would allow you to set a global scaling for Reason (plug-in or DAW) independent of your OS settings and screen resolution.
That sounds good, nice!

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:05 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 pm Yup, September is a long way away and that's assuming it doesn't slip...I will wait until its done, realised and properly tested by the current user base before I consider buying Reason, so its probably a 2022 thing for me....
Whare was it announced for September?
I thought I had read that on a forum somewhere, it popped in to my head! I am probably wrong! I am more than happy if its sooner (especially as they now say they will have application zooming)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:45 am
That's because all rendering (calculating & compositing of the final image) in Reason is still performed on CPU that is prioritising audio (as it should), so offloading it to GPU will help a lot. I'm just saying any old GPU will suffice.
So I had assumed that it was just the skins of the devices pre 2011 (Reason 6) that needed to be done. So was/is it really that difficult to offload the image rendering from the CPU to the GPU?

jens wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 am
What on earth???

There is something seriously broken on your end - either your eyes or your graphics setup in some way. I use Reason on two different 15'' laptops without any problems whatsoever - everything has a good size and looks great. On a 24'' screen everyhting is quite big and I think it would be nicely if I could rescale Reason - this all with 1920x1080...

But to claim on a 27'' Reason was tiny is some absurd nosense really!

Can you perhaps make a photo of your complete screen for us and share it here? I am certainly more than willing to do the same with my two laptops and my 24'' screen...
???? Do you use any other DAWs? Reason is tiny, knobs in Reason devices are the size of the mouse pointer here. This has to be the weirdest comeback to date? Reasons GUI hasn't changed in a decade, and it's showing it's age, period.

Look at any newer Plug in, DAW, literally anything that's come out in the last 5 years. Reason stands with dozens of other plug ins on my computer here that still are better optimized for 1086 x 768, there's not much to say about it really.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:51 pm They've updated the beta entry to include this:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :love:

the Rack look very nice, all i can say

I'm just going to wait

machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 am
What on earth???

There is something seriously broken on your end - either your eyes or your graphics setup in some way. I use Reason on two different 15'' laptops without any problems whatsoever - everything has a good size and looks great. On a 24'' screen everyhting is quite big and I think it would be nicely if I could rescale Reason - this all with 1920x1080...

But to claim on a 27'' Reason was tiny is some absurd nosense really!

Can you perhaps make a photo of your complete screen for us and share it here? I am certainly more than willing to do the same with my two laptops and my 24'' screen...
???? Do you use any other DAWs? Reason is tiny, knobs in Reason devices are the size of the mouse pointer here. This has to be the weirdest comeback to date? Reasons GUI hasn't changed in a decade, and it's showing it's age, period.

Look at any newer Plug in, DAW, literally anything that's come out in the last 5 years. Reason stands with dozens of other plug ins on my computer here that still are better optimized for 1086 x 768, there's not much to say about it really.

Yes, I used most hosts at some point indeed...

If you want to, I can also make photos of Cubase, Reaper, Samplitude and Studio One on the same three screens I mentioned before in comparison - I will also gladly stick a pen to the side of the screen for reference.

As I mentioned, it is certainly absurd to claim Reason was "tiny" on a 27inch screen. My adivce for you is to visit an optician soon - or stop making bizarre exaggerations that have no bearing in reality in order to drive your point home.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 pm As I mentioned, it is certainly absurd to claim Reason was "tiny" on a 27inch screen. My adivce for you is to visit an optician soon - or stop making bizarre exaggerations that have no bearing in reality in order to drive your point home.
I dunno' - I've got twin 26" displays that run in 1080p, and Reason has always been too small for my tastes when compared to modern plugins that can be properly scaled. I sit at a roughly 2-3 foot viewing distance from said displays. To be frank, being able to zoom into a rack device full screen such as a synth, etc, without it being blurry/fuzzy is a completely realistic request and certainly not exaggerated or absurd, IMHO. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Certain things in Reason are definitely way too small, even on a regular 1080p display. My eyes are fine, but Reason's UI is not. :)

Text here is whopping 5 px tall. Barely readable for people with normal eyesight, I pity people with worse eyesight.

Same. Horrid.

Plenty other examples like those.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”