Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

I guess they’re chasing Alchemy users, and doing a pretty good job of it. Still doesn’t strike me as revolutionary, though.
I hate signatures too.

I think the "revolutionary" part has to do with their alleged new subscription plan maybe??

And a Pigments update is live through Arturia software centre.

Update is now available in ASC for Pigments 2 users. Thanks Arturia! :tu:

I've had my eye on Pigments for a while, but keep deciding that I don't really need it. But, damn, Pigments 3 plus the soundpack for $99 - that might be another hole in my head that's too good to pass up.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Vortifex wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:42 pm If you're using Avast, disable it, otherwise you'll get a bunch of "we're scanning this to make sure it's safe" pop-ups for every single .exe in the installation.

Edit: they definitely didn't optimise the granular synthesis.
yes avast is very very aggresive. i turn it always off, it indeed messes with arturia installers..

and i noticed the granular synthesis isn't optimized, but 256 grains, and not too many notes, it works even with high density and long size... it chokes in my case, when playing too many notes, but that is a setting that does not work well, 256 grains, high density, long size... o well, if you want too...

on a not optimized system by the way, i must check it on an optimized system.

but what i have seen so far, me like! and it already was a beast...

one of the experimental synths, if you want too (Massive X can also do experimental, o well, a lot can, but then you must go wild with strange effects, or sometimes some modulation is enough...)

kavin2134 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:22 pm I think the "revolutionary" part has to do with their alleged new subscription plan maybe??
I suspect that was a misunderstanding/mistranslation and the subs being offered in the competition/giveaway were for FutureMusic. 50€ is about right for an annual sub.

Hi all,

we are now live!!!!

You can have all the details on our website.

And of course for existing Pigments user you can download the update for free.

I hope you'll enjoy playing with it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Kevin

ps: you can notice that we are not advertising anything about any revolution :)

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm ps: you can notice that we are not advertising anything about any revolution :)
And here I was really looking forward to the guillotine thing... Guess I'll have to tide myself over with samples of someone chopping cabbage.

Anyway, cheers.
I hate signatures too.

Downloaded and installed via software centre :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm
vive le... oh ok :(

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm Hi all,

we are now live!!!!

You can have all the details on our website.

And of course for existing Pigments user you can download the update for free.

I hope you'll enjoy playing with it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Kevin

Hi,
I bought the Spectrum preset pack but the download page is broken.

Very nice free update. :tu: :party:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”