Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FL Studio.
By a country mile.

FL studio does it because it does not scan plugins on start up. If you disable Reaper scan at startup is mostly the same

simmo75 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 am Why does it matter which DAW opens fastest?
I don't get the benefit of this.
Because some people don't like to wait 15 seconds for a DAW to load up. *cough Ableton cough*

lpr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:22 am
simmo75 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 am Why does it matter which DAW opens fastest?
I don't get the benefit of this.
Because some people don't like to wait 15 seconds for a DAW to load up. *cough Ableton cough*
steffensen wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 am Ever since i disabled max/msp and VST-scanning in Live, it loads really fast.
Almost as fast as before they forced Max upon us.
It's still not instant as Reaper, but over here it opens on 3sec now.

Sometimes I'm hearing something and my best way to record it is... to record it, and 5 seconds is a long interval to sit there looking stupid. 15 seconds will be a small eternity. A minute and I'm going to want to use something else.
Cubase does not appear to scan plugins unless new to it.

Why daa-you need ta know dat? It dont matter none which loads faster

Just tested this on an average modern windows computer and MuLab only takes 1 second to launch.

Reaper is very fast.

Reaper is fast not only at startup, but it can handle more live plugins than any other daw i've tried. There's basically no comparison to Live, where i have to freeze almost everything to have a fluid session.

Just timed FL Studio - from click to open just under 3 seconds.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

FL is instant. I'm assuming there's a way to stop that Studio One scan when it boots? Currently demoing it but haven't looked into turning that off.

"Don't take my word for it - try it for yourself."
pass

#][
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a long f**king way from alright
:D

but Zed's dead, baby

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”