Dune 3.5 - 20+ Skins [Size: Huge]+ Extras - May 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

(deleted)
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I dont think paying someone for slightly changing another person's work is appropriate, do you?

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 am I dont think paying someone for slightly changing another person's work is appropriate, do you?
Who is that person? I never saw those skins before!

they are factory skins (see first post) he just switched a few elements between them and a few graphic changes himself (not the brown one, that's just a colour edit)

(deleted)
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 am the colour of the rusty and white are cool, and I think they require a lot of work!
they don't, it's an overlay, which is why the text is not white, but orangey

look at the layer buttons, they still have the original backgrounds that don't match the rusty background

it's just a quick recolour and shuffle

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:36 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 am the colour of the rusty and white are cool, and I think they require a lot of work!
they don't, it's an overlay, which is why the text is not white, but orangey

look at the layer buttons, they still have the original backgrounds that don't match the rusty background

it's just a quick recolour and shuffle
I have just noticed the light skin in Dune 3 (I haven't seen it before!). Oh, well, you are right! I should have checked the originals before commenting!

Just a headsup that I've uploaded both the 'Cyberpunk' and 'Space Age' themes which you find on page one of the opening post which I've updated. Space Age contains just two GUI's due to complexities in accommodating the default size, but both large and huge sizes should accommodate most users.

I should note that although the interfaces being developed share much of the original design elements, it does take several hours to initially design, manage content, scripts, and to try and fix things such as re-positioning knobs, buttons and graphics, then checking things by sometimes repeatedly restarting one's DAW. There's nothing really quick until you get to the point of being able to do things quickly. Cyberpunk, use's an overlay graphic effect, which yes can be quickly done, but when I say that, I mean quicker than having to isolate every element or try to find the correct fonts and redo them for every panel.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Nothing new yet... just a headsup for those who might have missed these interface skins this week.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Nice work. Will have to give these a try. :tu:

Once you're ready. Try some crazy modding like this.

I am really digging the space age skin. I love the spacey look of some skins

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 am I dont think paying someone for slightly changing another person's work is appropriate, do you?
I thought these were free?

Examigan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 pm
they are, he deleted the post I was answering

i heard a million remixers cry out, then they were suddenly silenced.

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:42 pm
Examigan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 pm
they are, he deleted the post I was answering
Sorry for the confusion. I thought it's original work and offered a donation as an idea to encourage the designer (stupidly didn't notice the default white skin). After ANX remarks, I then compared and realized my mistake in the valuation, so I deleted my "wow" posts.

Return to “Instruments”