Riven (ElectroProg - Seismic Destruction)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:25 am In other news, the prancing piglet may be re-surfacing later this year :o
:uhuhuh: This would be a grievous musical crime and an insult to music lovers everywhere. I urge you to reconsider before you make a terrible mistake.

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 am Nice take. I've got the impression of DJ Food on Acid - but instead of busy rhythms and beats this track surprises with the evolvement of the otherworldly. The drone and ambient sections are just deep enough to get some goosebumps. Great work!
Thanks very much for listening, and for the great comments, htcnext2. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Goosebumps are good. That means the final section worked as intended :tu:

VCA-089 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:30 pm Good work! I liked the otherworldly psychedelic atmosphere. It has a sci-fi movie soundtrack feel to it. Sometimes it is cool to have a long, slowly building up composition that gives you time to get immersed, to think and imagine things. I could only say that the glitched clock sound is too upfront and dry, it gets a bit distracting at times.

There is also some great stuff on your SoundCloud page...
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, VCA-089. Glad you liked it, and glad that it fed your imagination too :)

I have to admit that I deliberately went for the upfront, dry sound for the pocket-watch and percussion to make a contrast with the heavily reverbed 'trons. 'synths and arps that feature throughout. By the time I come to remix this, I may have changed my mind :)

woops wrong piece I think

Riven:

The first thing I hear is the clock ticking. Well, that creates
tension first. Then it continues with trailing off synth pads
- in any case it is mysteriously mystical. The clock is ticking
every now and then - is that the bomb that is ticking? The
track is quite diverse - so the length is not that important.
Very nicely done - a great experience! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

only a bit strange!

but strange is very good!

very good work! :tu:

BTW. really nice production

:wink:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

jethrobull wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 pm Another quality track Tim. Enjoyed very much. Beautiful evolving pads and a lovely, silky bass. Picked up an Orbital vibe on this one. Fantastic work! :tu:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, jb. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Orbital eh? I haven't listened to any of their music for quite a while. I may have to fix that tomorrow. I fancy some Doctor Who action 8)

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm Listened a few times now...keep hearing little extra touches that were missed at first!
There is a small sprinkling of Replicant2 on the synths in the middle section which peeps through at an opportune moment.
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm EPIC, EMPTY opening with those wide pads combined with the 'clock'.

That bass melody that enters around the 1 min mark - what a sound!!! So round and full yet controlled so that it doesn't dominate the mix too much...quite 3D as well...love the way it develops over time with a 2nd strand.

Loved the rise in rhythmic intensity in the second half - wasn't expecting that from 'Mr Ambient' but it definitely works here.
I'm always a little nervous about these "genre-smash" pieces, but I really should stop worrying about it, and go with the flow.
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm Effective, well produced cinematic piece.
Thanks very much for lending this piece your ears, Mark. Glad you liked it :)

Frantz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:53 am
seismic1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:25 am In other news, the prancing piglet may be re-surfacing later this year :o
:uhuhuh: This would be a grievous musical crime and an insult to music lovers everywhere. I urge you to reconsider before you make a terrible mistake.
:phones: :hyper:

enroe wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 am Riven:

The first thing I hear is the clock ticking. Well, that creates
tension first. Then it continues with trailing off synth pads
- in any case it is mysteriously mystical. The clock is ticking
every now and then - is that the bomb that is ticking? The
track is quite diverse - so the length is not that important.
Very nicely done - a great experience! :tu:
It's not a bomb in the literal sense, but a countdown to an undesirable event, possibly inspired by watching too much cheap science fiction, so it could have similar destructive consequences :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks very much for listening, enroe :)

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:42 am only a bit strange!

but strange is very good!

very good work! :tu:

BTW. really nice production

:wink:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, tomtom1. Glad you liked it :)

Strange in a good way, for sure. Frantz probably summed it up best. I'd just like to add that you did a good job making a nearly 10 minute track engaging to listen to from start to finish.

sjm wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:44 am Strange in a good way, for sure. Frantz probably summed it up best. I'd just like to add that you did a good job making a nearly 10 minute track engaging to listen to from start to finish.
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, sjm. Glad you liked it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”