Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 pm
dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm The subtractive synth I could hardly see now appears as hardware on the Nektar and can be treated as hardware which is great. The jury is out on whether the synth is much good, but that's a different story.
You mean Subtractor? That synth plugin is literally 21 years old as of right now. I mean, for a basic subtractive synth is gets the job done, but - keep that in mind. :party: And if you're having a hard time seeing anything in R12, you just zoom.
I only have the freebie Reason Lite so its all I got to judge by. Even so, I have just knocked out a simple song and it sounds pretty good in a mix. Zoom does not work for the rack with my cheapo mouse, only for the sequencer. I have tried holding down shift and control and scrolling but nothing happens.

dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pmAnyway, you mentioned controlling synths with CV. Does that have to be a hardware synth?...
No. I just meant using the CV in/out on the back of the rack.

Here's 10 year old video :D

https://youtu.be/vGPYBnpt1ZA
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:59 pm I only have the freebie Reason Lite so its all I got to judge by. Even so, I have just knocked out a simple song and it sounds pretty good in a mix. Zoom does not work for the rack with my cheapo mouse, only for the sequencer. I have tried holding down shift and control and scrolling but nothing happens.
Ah sorry - didn't know you were on Lite. There's no rack zoom in that - just in 12.

Cheers
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:10 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:12 am Reaper’s my main DAW primarily because of how good it is with MIDI and Audio routing. Doesn’t matter how many fancy extras a DAW has if it can’t do the basic job of piping music data from one thing to another how you want it to and when you want it to.
The problem with Reaper is it’s about as inspiring to work in as a wet fart compared to Reason..

after resetting my Cubase preferences and it works again :x (MIDI notes slipped randomly) have to say Cubase+Voltage+Gatekeeper as a base also very fun/inspiring
even without ReasonRack :D especially since it has its own piano roll device which can trigger Gatekeeper(MSEG, CC outs of it can be converted back to CV signals as on the image) nicely, Voltage can host VST2/3 supports MIDI routing etc. so like it
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:11 pm after resetting my Cubase preferences and it works again :x (MIDI notes slipped randomly) have to say Cubase+Voltage+Gatekeeper as a base also very fun/inspiring
Yeah I'd take Cubase over Reaper any day of the week. :tu: :hug: I have Cubasis on my iPad and love it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

^^^ just it hasn't got Combinator like solution so Voltage extend it nicely (and Voltage hasn't got proper MSEG device so Gatekeeper extend it nicely :D )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 pm ^^^ just it hasn't got Combinator like solution so Voltage extend it nicely (and Voltage hasn't got proper MSEG device so Gatekeeper extend it nicely :D )
I hear ya. But I prefer Reason over Cubase. ;) :tu: :party:

dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:59 pm
EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 pm
dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm The subtractive synth I could hardly see now appears as hardware on the Nektar and can be treated as hardware which is great. The jury is out on whether the synth is much good, but that's a different story.
You mean Subtractor? That synth plugin is literally 21 years old as of right now. I mean, for a basic subtractive synth is gets the job done, but - keep that in mind. :party: And if you're having a hard time seeing anything in R12, you just zoom.
I only have the freebie Reason Lite so its all I got to judge by.
Sounds like you're on Lite 11.3 if you only have the Subtractor. See if you can find Lite 11.2 on their site. The 11.3 update took away Thor, Europa and a whack of other stuff!

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:23 pm Personally, I don't really care if it was for damage control or whatever - I'm just glad to actually see a roadmap. :party:
EnochLight (several pages earlier) wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:25 pm ...if they can't add some meat-and-potatoes updates to the core DAW app over the next 4 months, and finish off the missing hi-res assets at least, I would literally be shocked. They've got their entire staff working now, at least until the middle/end of December when the inevitable winter/holiday vacations start. :party:
Unfortunately the meat and potatoes updates to the core DAW app won't be coming this year according to the roadmap.
How are you handling the shock? :help: :cry:
Last edited by festeringheap on Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seafood and rice?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Aloe and a martini.

that actually reminded me, I had leftover swordfish and rice :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

festeringheap wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:22 am Unfortunately the meat and potatoes updates to the core DAW app won't be coming this year according to the roadmap.
Eh, at least the rest of the hi-res assets in standalone will be fixed, as well as more browser improvements over the next 2 months. But yeah, a little disappointed more core DAW updates won't (allegedly) arrive until 2022. :dog: Still glad we at least have a roadmap to view now. Looking forward to see how that changes (as it inevitably will)! :lol:

Roadmap.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnochLight wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:08 pm
festeringheap wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:22 am Unfortunately the meat and potatoes updates to the core DAW app won't be coming this year according to the roadmap.
Eh, at least the rest of the hi-res assets in standalone will be fixed, as well as more browser improvements over the next 2 months. But yeah, a little disappointed more core DAW updates won't (allegedly) arrive until 2022. :dog: Still glad we at least have a roadmap to view now. Looking forward to see how that changes (as it inevitably will)! :lol:

Roadmap.png
I would love to see this be a thing in general with other developers. It's nice to see a roadmap of what's coming laid out like that and I think it makes even more sense in a subscription scenario as you can see that the developer isn't just rent seeking they are actually trying to improve the software (looking at you Adobe and Autodesk).

Now let's see if they actually stick to their timelines.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Loading an instrument into Ik Multimedia's Sampletank 4 breaks Reason 12.

All the fonts disappear in Reason.

I have to close and restart.

When i try to load an instrument into Sampletank 4 again,Reason breaks again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”