Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm So how's the CPU usage :)
Unison kills my computer :lol:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

$49 as a V Collection 7 owner, and $149 as an upgrade to V Collection 8 + SQ80 V + 2 new preset banks. Tempting!

So, looks like they have listened to us complaining about upgrade prices, and while it is still not "$99", they have added a brand new synth and 2 new preset banks instead while retaining the $149 upgrade price. They surely know how to keep their customers happy.

Yeh, I am still on 6 so $149 is a very, very tempting deal even though I don't need any more virtual synths!

The only thing stopping me is that I suspect 9 is not far away and will probably have at least one more synths and probably still be 149 to upgrade...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So I have an offer to upgrade to V Collection 8 + SQ80 V. I've been contemplating taking the plunge and upgrading to V Collection for a while now. It seems to be a good offer, but then again black friday isn't too far away and now I'm wondering should I wait or go all in. That new SQ80 is giving me some serious GAS problems, though. :D

SLiC: Yeah, same thoughts.

Their traditional release cycle has been around 18 months, so V Collection 9 should be released around May 2022. It will be interesting to see if they release it earlier.

itanever: I highly doubt BF price will be better than $149, so if the GAS is strong, I'd say go for it. :tu:

Don't want to sound greedy, but I think the upgrade should have been $99 for VC7 owners (as it is $149 for VC6 owners), especially for those who already own Jup-8 V4 and Stage-73 V2 as individual instruments (upgrades).

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:47 pm SLiC: Yeah, same thoughts.

Their traditional release cycle has been around 18 months, so V Collection 9 should be released around May 2022. It will be interesting to see if they release it earlier.

itanever: I highly doubt BF price will be better than $149, so if the GAS is strong, I'd say go for it. :tu:
I forgot to mention that the upgrade for me is 269, but I only have a few individual licences, so the offer is still very tempting.

Easier than editing on the vintage original? Hahah - no (sorry).
But yeah that aside again this should be an easy one to deliver.

They'll fix the OSC bug and more (the cpu usage, likely to stay given the V collection history).

Now PLEASE go do more with this than the Expurt Twitch Villagers!!
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Arturia has even included the hidden ESQ and SQ80 waves and some Transwaves.

It's dead easy to program with the synthesis page. An order of magnitude easier than programming from the hardware. I'm a half dozen patches in already.

The nice suite of FX and simple Arp add to the original. Very well done Arturia and that's coming from someone who has not exactly been a fanboi..... :clap:

On a functional note has anyone found that turning on/off the individual Oscs sometimes doesn't work? I've had to click them on/off a second time on a few occasions. Perhaps a bug that slipped thorough?

itanever wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:47 pm So I have an offer to upgrade to V Collection 8 + SQ80 V. I've been contemplating taking the plunge and upgrading to V Collection for a while now. It seems to be a good offer, but then again black friday isn't too far away and now I'm wondering should I wait or go all in. That new SQ80 is giving me some serious GAS problems, though. :D
From what I remember last year the BF sales on v collection did not include OB-XA so if the same thing happens again this year you will miss out on both the SQ 80 V and the soundpacks.

Mmm, kinda thinking it will be near $99 to those who wait long enough, because yer right the entry price is way too high. This is a VST ffs. One might even find the original SQ80 for not much more.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm Don't want to sound greedy, but I think the upgrade should have been $99 for VC7 owners (as it is $149 for VC6 owners), especially for those who already own Jup-8 V4 and Stage-73 V2 as individual instruments (upgrades).

a bit more than that (odd) advert:

https://youtu.be/6QJtiB2bT0U

Last time I waited thinking I could get a better deal, and it never came.
I'm in for $149.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Anyone knows if you can bypass all effects at the same time ? I can't find the feature for this

This is what I get right now:

We are experiencing a short term issue and are unable to deliver your product (SQ80 V) licence immediately.

We are working on solving this issue as soon as possible.

We will send your product licence via e-mail within two working days.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Arturia Sales Team

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:16 pm ... the entry price is way too high. This is a VST ffs. One might even find the original SQ80 for not much more...

Return to “Instruments”