iPad and PC - Can you even?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to be switching to PC very soon. Can you still use and connect the iPad the same way as a Macbook?

same way as with IDAM on Mac? No.

Try Studiomux app. It just recieved a major update.

Thanks, mindnoise. Will do.

I use iconnectmidi2+
https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/ ... midi2plus/
click on my signature.

mindnoise wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:39 pm same way as with IDAM on Mac? No.

Try Studiomux app. It just recieved a major update.
StudioMux: For me the instrument works sort of but the effects are totally broken (Waveform and Studio One). Also the UI is designed for an iPad so don’t try on an iPhone. It’s possible one year it’ll work again, but I’m not holding my breath. Others seem to have it working.

Best, most reliable bet is to use an audio interface for your iOS device and wire it into your Pc audio interface.

fireapplered wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:09 pm I'm going to be switching to PC very soon. Can you still use and connect the iPad the same way as a Macbook?
Good luck in your Windows journey 😂

I'm looking to mess with ipad and computer myself, though in a different fashion; been a mac daw user forever, but I happen to have one app on my ipad (B-3X) that beats the pants off the Logic b3 organ, so I simply want to use the ipad as another "plugin" if at all possible. Worst case I can always send midi via cck I guess and route the audio back either on the same usb or out the headphone jack and record it as audio.

Stokely wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:37 pm I'm looking to mess with ipad and computer myself, though in a different fashion; been a mac daw user forever, but I happen to have one app on my ipad (B-3X) that beats the pants off the Logic b3 organ, so I simply want to use the ipad as another "plugin" if at all possible. Worst case I can always send midi via cck I guess and route the audio back either on the same usb or out the headphone jack and record it as audio.
Just connect the iPad with the docking cable directly to the Mac and it will show up as 0x2 Audio MIDI interface in Audio MIDI app (need to enable it). You get only a stereo channel from the iPad but sounds like it is enough for you. :)
Last edited by mindnoise on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 pm I use iconnectmidi2+
https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/ ... midi2plus/
click on my signature.
II use that, too works great! I also have the Audio2+.

for OT:

Unfortunately all MIDI+ and Audio+ interfaces have been discontinued and the new Audio4c+ is a considerable investment (400€). But gives you 18 streaming channel between the Desktop (Win/ Mac) and the iPad.
The old iConfig software should work with no problems on Windows 10, though.

Only other intrerface on the market that can host 2 computers are the Metric Halos 3D interface (I have the 2882 3D). But that's 1700€. But Windows support is only coming somwhere in later 2022.
Last edited by mindnoise on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

double, sorry
Last edited by mindnoise on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

triple, sorry

I have been playing with studio mux and reaper ipad to pc all day, and this is the most overly complicated convoluted ish i have ever experienced. I can get it to send midi (somehow- miraculously) but have no idea how i did it, and cannot get audio back into the daw. I think you need both studio mux and audio bus, and I have both... but I have no idea why everything has to be soooo overly complicated. Computers were supposed to make our lives better, not make us want to hang ourselves with a coat hanger. So far it's a no go for me, but I know there is probably someone out there that will try to be a know it all and say they did it. This is going to be one of those projects that will haunt my dreams as i try to get it working for weeks... thinking if I just find that magic check box everything will work. sheesh.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”