Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 pm
bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:06 pm I dragged the window to a secondary display that has a standard DPI, and this is what I see, which looks different from yours.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 4.59.45 PM.png

I was able to increase legibility even further by increasing the GUI scale factor. Wish I could offer a workaround for you.
It doesn't look that much different and you can't possibly think even that gui looks like it belongs in 2021 ?
I posted that to demonstrate that I'm not seeing the same visual artifacts, which look like missing pixels as if the GUI is being scaled in some way. To answer the second part of your question, yes, I do.

As much as i appreciate interface optimised for retina/hidpi interfaces, you can't simply ignore standard resolutions. It feels very poorly executed.
Fonts are usually a dead giveaway. Some fonts that work great and look amazing (most thin stuff) on retina display, simply falls apart on standard displays

bonch wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:42 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 pm
bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:06 pm I dragged the window to a secondary display that has a standard DPI, and this is what I see, which looks different from yours.
I was able to increase legibility even further by increasing the GUI scale factor. Wish I could offer a workaround for you.
It doesn't look that much different and you can't possibly think even that gui looks like it belongs in 2021 ?
I posted that to demonstrate that I'm not seeing the same visual artifacts, which look like missing pixels as if the GUI is being scaled in some way. To answer the second part of your question, yes, I do.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then. I think it looks like someone's first SynthEdit project from 2005.

But that's just my opinion and I am a huge fan of Dmitry Sches. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks like they're doing a giveaway:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/competition.html

10 winners get a copy of Tantra 2 and a PA hoodie, if you're into that kind of thing.
Entry period closes October 17, 11:59 PM PST.

Is this a good alternative to Logic's Phat FX as a sort of all in one multi fx unit?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I guess alternative to Step FX more than Phat FX.
Probably?
Spet/phat fx is great tho

Just checked Tantra 2 and it is not multi-touch capable. :(
However when hitting randomize all buttons change at the same time as if it was multi-touch capable.
So there is hope. :)

Tried it today, the UI and colour choices are terrible, I don't know what they were thinking. The sequencers aren't as easy to manipulate as either Thorn or Tantra one, and the effects quality seemed so-so.

Hopefully that's coming soon.

Anyone any insider info or anything on possible updates? GUI still problematic on FHD screens for me, would be a shame if it was overlooked due to issues like this as I really rate it's sound.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:41 pm Just checked Tantra 2 and it is not multi-touch capable. :(
chrisstiles wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:01 pm Tried it today, the UI and colour choices are terrible, I don't know what they were thinking.
I'm not a native English speaker but .... when one expresses his discontent from lack of/incomplete feature set in Tantra - would it be called a Tantrum ??

LOL
I've got tantrum!
I've got tantrum!

Wasn't there a song like that?

I like the plugin, but GUI indeed is bad, I can hardly read, sliders have strange behavior, but I can't remember PA ever cared, so I don't expect any improvement.
Bettermaker is still what it is after so many complaints as to gui
Last edited by DCrown on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think Tantra 1 looks old school demo scene like. Very nice. That said, I can dig the new interface too. It's not that bad.

Tantra 2 is on sale today for $24.99 with coupon code SUMMER22-TANTRA2 but I wouldn't even pay that much because of the horrid GUI.

It is in my opinion the most egregious version 2 downgrade of a version 1 GUI of all time.

It's obvious PA doesn't care but I'm disappointed that it appears Dmitry doesn't either. Especially considering all the plugins he's had a hand in over the years like Nomad Factory, Plug and Mix, his own, etc have always been of high quality in both function and appearance. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”