Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

With the upcoming Black Friday promo's is there already any word to keep a few euro's behind to spend on PG/Unify packs with some nice deals over there?

I'd hate to spend it on other deals already knowing "something is coming" deals wise.

Last post from me about Planet Pluck for Unify...

Here is a small video of the recording sessions and some of the instruments i sampled to make planet pluck...

https://youtu.be/vWadTLepQnw

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

luvst wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:49 am With the upcoming Black Friday promo's is there already any word to keep a few euro's behind to spend on PG/Unify packs with some nice deals over there?

I'd hate to spend it on other deals already knowing "something is coming" deals wise.
Same here. The product is only about 80 US dollars, though. Also, similar sorts of things can be done using other bits and bobs, but the Unify interface is so nice and clean.

I am tired of opening a DAW to work with plugins that don’t have a stand-alone interface, so I think I am going to buy Unify.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I bought Unify today and am getting to know it.

There are some issues with Softube plugins which I discovered after-the-fact are under discussion at PluginGuru.com forums. The VST2 versions load and work for me but not the VST3 versions. Many other things I tested at random are fine.

I like the fact that the content can be put on any drive. That helps a lot. Also the size of the GUI including the font can be scaled which is great. I don't have any problems reading it.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I already have Unify for a few weeks, thought i didn't need it, can do it all in a DAW etc but after demo-ing it a bit i was sold and invested in an license.

Got a few libraries now and workflow is truly nice and great to swiftly stack up big sounds.

From there on was my question,

I'd prefer to get a few more libraries in some BF/CM promo deal but there are a few more things on my list hence the initial question since money can only been spend once unfortunate.

Is it possible to have a layer in Unify receive information from more than one, but not all, midi channels?

For instance, I would like to build a two-layer (two-instrument) Unify patch, where layer 1 receives input from midi channels 1 and 2, and layer 2 receives input from midi channels 2 and 3.

Is that possible?

EDIT: I figured out how to do it. For each instrument layer, set up a midi input layer and place a copy of the free MidiPolysher vst in that input layer to select the channels that input layer will allow to pass. Then have the instrument layer receive from the corresponding midi input layer.

I haven't used Unify for a while. Is there an easy way to change the preset of all synths that are loaded in it at once? I have loaded 8 instances of DX7 V for a Unify preset I made.

Examigan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 pm Is there an easy way to change the preset of all synths that are loaded in it at once? I have loaded 8 instances of DX7 V for a Unify preset I made.
I would assume the issue with doing that is that each synth layer is an independent instance of the synth.

Sort of like if you loaded up 8 instances of DX7 on 8 different tracks in your DAW.

For Unify technical questions, I would suggest that you visit the Unify forum where Shane Dunne (getdunne), the developer, interacts frequently. He is open to suggestions, and always trying to make Unify better! And if he cannot do something, he usually explains why. https://forums.pluginguru.com/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Examigan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 pm I haven't used Unify for a while. Is there an easy way to change the preset of all synths that are loaded in it at once? I have loaded 8 instances of DX7 V for a Unify preset I made.
Easy...select the preset you want and then use the duplicate layer function.

If you are talking about different patches, you can load them into separate Unify layers if you have the patches Unified.

I meant like if there is a way to select a preset for one and it automatically does the same thing for all of them. I was hoping for some simple way, and not have to duplicate layers (or anything like that) every time. Maybe a macro or whatever else to skim though the presets and then all instances would also have that preset loaded.

Examigan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:07 pm I meant like if there is a way to select a preset for one and it automatically does the same thing for all of them. I was hoping for some simple way, and not have to duplicate layers (or anything like that) every time. Maybe a macro or whatever else to skim though the presets and then all instances would also have that preset loaded.
I think that it would be possible only if DX-7 supported program changes to change patches (and then you would map all 8 program changes to a Macro) or some sort of automation to next/previous patch (and again, map everything to a macro), but these things seems not possible.

Examigan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:07 pm I meant like if there is a way to select a preset for one and it automatically does the same thing for all of them. I was hoping for some simple way, and not have to duplicate layers (or anything like that) every time. Maybe a macro or whatever else to skim though the presets and then all instances would also have that preset loaded.
The only way that I know is to duplicate layers with the patch selected.

getdunne wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:44 pm
padillac wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:21 am Hey there, my one grip with Unify is that it hijacks the space bar in Reaper so I can't start / stop the transport. Do you know of a way to fix this? Maybe there's a setting I'm missing.
This happens when you have another window open, e.g. a plug-in GUI window. If you click in the main Unify GUI window to select it, your space-bar should work. (This may be DAW-dependent so I can't promise.)
Would you be willing to consider changing it so it doesn't steal keyboard focus? If I have a plugin open and am changing settings, it's annoying to have to click away from the plugin window to play back. Instead of changing a setting an immediately play, I change a setting, click away, play... over and over again.

So, how are you using Unify in your workflow? I am using it mostly for layering and like the fact that I can use layers in the different DAWs that I use.

When I open Serum in Unify I lose all the envelope decay: when I lift a key the sound abruptly stops. Opening the same patch in Serum outside of Unify the decay works as intended. Any one else notice this? Bug? I will report it if it is.

Return to “Instruments”