layer attack/decay bug

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello :D
1-st bug

I use zero attack sample for test

layer attack & decay sets to 0 (global AMP ENV is off)

but after render attack & decay non zero(attack - 5 samples, decay - 220 samples), and on playback attack sounds softer than original sample

2-nd bug

then I set decay to 20 ms and after render we see second knee on graph

and how about optional MSEG envelope for layer amplitude?
and "range" knob for offset parameter? It can be usefull precise adjustment, for example in range 0-20 ms with 0.1 ms step

There is a smoothing part that work well to eliminate clicks and pops on a "normal" drum sample ... I can add a smoothing bypass, but I'm eager to hear your way of using Speedrum, because you obviously use it differently than as a classic drum sampler.
Offset parameter is in the range 0-500ms, with 1ms interval... but I can set the interval to 0.1ms

I quite often meet drum sounds what contain "click" in very first samples, and a non-zero attack softens it too much. I think if the info bar shows zero during the adjustment of the attack then this should mean a strict zero, and it's probably better to make attack mitigation a separate option?

0.1 ms interval on shift+mouse drug will be great))

and I noticed that while holding the shift, the cursor disappears and saves the position, can this be implemented in normal mode too? in some synthesizers, this is realized and it is useful

durachok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am I quite often meet drum sounds what contain "click" in very first samples, and a non-zero attack softens it too much. I think if the info bar shows zero during the adjustment of the attack then this should mean a strict zero, and it's probably better to make attack mitigation a separate option?
Ok, valid request... I will add an option to switch smoothing on/off, but also to improve it.

durachok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am 0.1 ms interval on shift+mouse drug will be great))
Ok.
durachok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am and I noticed that while holding the shift, the cursor disappears and saves the position, can this be implemented in normal mode too? in some synthesizers, this is realized and it is useful
Yeah, but I would love to hear what other users think about that...

thank you for such a quick response, sir :hyper:

That click you hear in some samples durachok is non-zero point sample start. You can see in a sample editor, when you zoom all the way in that the starting sample is not right at 0.

What Speedrum does is make it start from zero-point, introducing 1ms attack from 0 up, which is great and it should be up to 1ms max for drums especially, but I absolutely agree that it should also be an option, because sometimes you just want that "artificial click", that is, sometimes you like it to just start from the sample you want [any sample from 0-100] since it can sound great. It's a great feature to have. d= ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Apisonic Labs”