Good Bye Reaktor, good bye NI synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back to Reaktor - maybe some of you can answer this:
I'd like to control the curve sequencer in a way when I press a note on my midi keyboard, the sequencer runs by the speed of a clock, but when I'm not press that note anymore the sequencer stops.
In a Reaktor Rack, the sequencer runs all the time by a clock speed when I link that, and I can link my NOTE IN to reset the sequencer. So it's only a half solution - i don't want the sequencer run all the time.
I have checked another example, and what I saw there was:
in an 'ensemble' in 'edit view' (this is the old view, it was the way of editing before blocks and racks)
I could see the multiplier box feeded from the clock and the note in, and outputs to sequencer.
This way the sequencer only runs at clock speed, when note is pressed.
My problem is I can't do this by patching block in Racks, I have to save it as ensemble, then edit it in this old way and insert a multiplier .
Maybe I'm not aware something, but could this be done in Racks with blocks and cables?
This desired behaviour of the sequencer can be seen in "Shift Run.ens"

A VCA is basically a multiplier...

Hm, thanks, that's working. I'm not a big modular fan, but slowly I can understand these. The shape sequencer and the curve sequencer are my fav. parts in Reaktor. with these I can create polyrhythms and with the midi output, other synths can be controlled.
Pigments have similar sequencer, but afaik that can't control other synths.

pigments has midi-out, its sequencer can control other synths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rSIbJ ... enusTheory

dune_rave wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:12 pm Back to Reaktor - maybe some of you can answer this:
I thought you uninstalled Reaktor, and said goodbye to everything NI.

Haha - I wrote previously I use Reaktor sometimes to control other synths, so I don't use Reaktor to produce sound. And I also wrote I mainly use Kontakt and Battery. But I quit using NI Synths to produce sound - that was the message. Also uninstalled monark and other ni reaktor synths, but for me reaktor blocks are somewhat usable.
Hm..Pigments has midi out - didn't know. But not really matters, I'm not using any Arturia stuff -not because its not good- and won't start spending on it.

Ah, Now I remember - I have seen this Venus Theory video earlier, but since I'm not into Pigments, I simply forgot that.

dune_rave wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:12 pm Back to Reaktor - maybe some of you can answer this:
I'd like to control the curve sequencer in a way when I press a note on my midi keyboard, the sequencer runs by the speed of a clock, but when I'm not press that note anymore the sequencer stops.
In a Reaktor Rack, the sequencer runs all the time by a clock speed when I link that, and I can link my NOTE IN to reset the sequencer. So it's only a half solution - i don't want the sequencer run all the time.
I have checked another example, and what I saw there was:
in an 'ensemble' in 'edit view' (this is the old view, it was the way of editing before blocks and racks)
I could see the multiplier box feeded from the clock and the note in, and outputs to sequencer.
This way the sequencer only runs at clock speed, when note is pressed.
My problem is I can't do this by patching block in Racks, I have to save it as ensemble, then edit it in this old way and insert a multiplier .
Maybe I'm not aware something, but could this be done in Racks with blocks and cables?
This desired behaviour of the sequencer can be seen in "Shift Run.ens"
You kind of gave the answerr yourself , you need a multiply module to multiply the gate out of the clock with a gate on of your note module (gate on = 1 , no gate =0) .
A VCA does exactly that , route the gate out of the clock module to the vca input , the gate out of your note module to the vca mod input ( set mod amount to full )
You also want to route the note module gate to the reset input of your sequencers
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yeah, thanx

ChiTown24 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:34 am Funny to see people's interpretations of NI getting bought up in chunks and passed from fund to fund.

It's not 'yippppeeee, 50 million dollars to spend on making new synths and effects !!'

It's more like 'oh shit, they're gonna strip this carcas to the bone to get a return on their 50 mil'

If you're not already familiar with how these kind of 'investment funds' can work, you only need to look at how NI has performed since getting into bed with these funds to see what scenario we're in (clue: it's not the Yippppeeee scenario).

I posted the business wire article because it's the crux of everything discussed in this thread. It's not even the first time NI has found itself in investment fund hands, which is another major clue because 'benevolent' buy outs where the original IP goes on to be improved by the buyout rarely have a track record of being passed from fund to fund.

NI used to be a high fashion model, who spent her time strutting the cat walks during Paris fashion week. But after some financial struggles, she ended up being managed by Bishop Don Juan and now she's crawling the streets of down town Detroit from about 11pm until 6am, turning tricks for 50 bucks. Every night of the week. She's alive, she's making money ... but god damn, she ain't what she used to be. As if that wasn't bad enough, Bishop Don Juan just sold her to Iceberg Slim.
This is how I feel every time a brand getting swallowed by InMusic..."well, there goes 'X', you'll be buying their 5 year old synths* for 90% off at pluginboutique** next week..."

* [nothing wrong with old synths! hell, most >music< innovation comes from people who can't afford the newest-and-shiniest buying stuff from pawn shops and finding new ways to get something out of it, or new ways to apply those "old" sounds or ways of working to new ideas...I still reserve the right to be pissed off about NI's interfaces not scaling, or AIR's plugin text not reacting well to Windows's font scaling, etc... :) ]
** [not to dis pluginboutique! I've got tonnes of fun stuff dirt cheap over there! (and in KVR's Marketplace.) 8) ]
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

dune_rave wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:17 pm Haha - I wrote previously I use Reaktor sometimes to control other synths, so I don't use Reaktor to produce sound.
Ok. But, always remember to not use it for sound, only to control other synths. A man needs his principles. Especially when he said goodbye to the actual sound producing of the plugin.

Let me see if I'm keeping up here: the OP wrote a post about leaving all NI plugins for good, because reasons, and now is actively using this thread to get tips on how to -- checks notes -- use his NI plugins for various tasks. But his original post is still 'legit', as he sees it, because he is -- checks notes -- "no longer using them for audio output, only for controlling other instruments."

Cool, cool. carry on.

schroedingers ni user.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm schroedingers ni user.
this thread is a lie! :D

mholloway wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm Let me see if I'm keeping up here: the OP wrote a post about leaving all NI plugins for good, because reasons, and now is actively using this thread to get tips on how to -- checks notes -- use his NI plugins for various tasks. But his original post is still 'legit', as he sees it, because he is -- checks notes -- "no longer using them for audio output, only for controlling other instruments."
It's only legit as long as the plugin produces no sound. The moment it does, this topic will become illegitimate. The software may self destruct at that point, and NI can't be held responsible for that.

Return to “Instruments”