Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

congrats to everyone involved in making this happen! :)

wakax wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:41 pm EvilDragon! you saviour!
yes!:) it works when I activate that!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! do specify that in manual!:)

bigups to the whole Surge Team!
historic release!

Tried to install the standalone version in Win 10 64, latest update. It didn't put any links in the start menu, so I had to do a manual search on the C: drive for "surge", and no .exe files came back. Where is it?

Wow, I can't believe it's actually happening : thank you so much, Surge team (that was faster than expected!)!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm Tried to install the standalone version in Win 10 64, latest update. It didn't put any links in the start menu, so I had to do a manual search on the C: drive for "surge", and no .exe files came back. Where is it?
The installer tells you where the standalone is, before installation starts - C:\Program Files\Surge Synth Team.

I'll try and figure out how to add Start menu shortcuts with Inno for 1.1. Thanks for the feedback! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:38 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm Tried to install the standalone version in Win 10 64, latest update. It didn't put any links in the start menu, so I had to do a manual search on the C: drive for "surge", and no .exe files came back. Where is it?
The installer tells you where the standalone is, before installation starts - C:\Program Files\Surge Synth Team.

I'll try and figure out how to add Start menu shortcuts with Inno for 1.1. Thanks for the feedback! :tu:
Brilliant, thanks, found it. ;)

No ASIO support for standalone?

Nope, due to Steinberg's licensing restrictions. You can if you build Surge XT yourself, but since we don't have a legal entity representing us, we cannot distribute binaries with ASIO support built in.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:58 pm Nope, due to Steinberg's licensing restrictions. You can if you build Surge XT yourself, but since we don't have a legal entity representing us, we cannot distribute binaries with ASIO support built in.
Even if we did, the ASIO license is incompatible with GPL3 software, since you are not allowed to redistribute the SDK.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/asio-lic ... are/696630

If Steinberg dual-licensed ASIO like they did VST3, it is a 1 line change to turn it on. But you can build one for yourself if you want like Evil said.

congrats to the surge team, thanks very much for this update :)

Will the Royal Surge Skin make a comeback? It loads on Surge XT, when copied over from Surge 1.9, but it glitches.

Edit: Also it seems bmp00145.svg (Digital EG-curves) of the Classic Deluxe skin from the surge skin library is not properly formatted for Surge XT

Sorry for nitpicking :wink:

I've tried contacting Nick from Voger Design but they've been slammed lately. No promises when or if on that one.

For Classic Delux skin, known issue, I'm on it.

Guys! You are the best!!! Is there any donate link?
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

We don't take any donations, but thanks for the sentiment. :)

OK. Do you plan to make Surge FX resizable too? ...I mean... In future...
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

yzcoruhT wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 pm OK. Do you plan to make Surge FX resizable too? ...I mean... In future...
Hadn’t planned on it but it’s pretty easy. I can add it to the pile

Just a 100 125 150 175 200 menu which sticks good enough yeah?

Return to “Instruments”