Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Rather than bump the thread in the marketplace I'll start a new one for installation and operations questions etc. Yes there is another Synthonik 2 thread last posted in a month ago but the thread title is a bit outdated so let's start fresh here.

Just to recap....at the time of this post you get 6 free instruments for the price of one which is $49.99 or $34.99 if you have sufficient JamPoints.

On to operations....One of the first things I noticed was the Arp seems to be limited to +-12 semitones while the manual says it should be +-24. If someone could test to see if they get the same thing that would be great.

Also it doesn't appear there is pitch tracking on the Step Sequencer. In other words say you program in C2 then G2. No matter what key you press, F# etc it plays a C2 then G2.

That seems a bit odd since most step sequencers I own are relative rather than absolute.

So in the scenario above if you hit an F# it would play an F# then a C#. Hit an A and it would play an A then E so on.

Anyone who has owned Syntronik 2 for awhile know what's going on there? I don't see a pitch tracking to Step Sequencer option in the Mod Matrix.

So any discussions on installation or operation, comments on the individual instruments etc go for it here.

If this Group Buy maxes out at 33 free and it seems well on the way to doing so this will be one of the better bargains in recent memory.

The addition of the new Edit page really expands the capabilities of this synth a great deal. Four Oscs per Layer, choice of 7 filters, Mod Matrix, LFOs, 4 Layers with Split points, etc with Osc content available from a wide range of classic synths.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I didn't know there was a group buy. I didn't mess with the sequencer much as I didn't see how to make it pitch track either.

I only have the freebies: one of the moogs, the cs-60/80/whatever, and the obdxa (or b, c, d whatever version it is). Haven't used syntronik beyond trying some of the presets.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

IK should be focusing on getting T-RackS native on Apple Silicon instead. At this point, IK is the fly in the ointment again.
Last edited by jamcat on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I already have Syntronik 2 Standard via Total Studio Max, but if this allows me to essentially upgrade to Syntronik 2 Deluxe for $49.99 that's pretty good too. I think that would require the group buy to go up to 11 for 1.

Anyone knows what happens with the remaining licenses if it goes beyond that and I don't use them? Can I give them away or sell them?

This is a pretty great deal for $35 with jam points.

First thing I do with each synth is create an INIT patch for browsing the individual oscillators:
1) Load a preset.
2) Clear the effects. Creating a blank preset with the effects link button makes this quick.
3) Clear the player if it's not already.
4) Initialize the matrix with the drop down menu.
5) Empty all the oscillators. Turn off subs and drift.
6) Command click all the knobs to reset them to their defaults. Don't forget the sub-menus.
7) Turn off the filter.
8) In the save menu create a new USER folder for that synth. Add an INIT user category and empty all others.

I like to put a broad overview of the synth in the description field (just copy pasted from their website) and an exclamation mark in front of the name ("! INIT GS-V" for example) so the different synths are all at the top of the list without having to browse or click anything when opening Syntronik.

I think they did a great job sampling these oscillators, and many of them are already processed with filters and modulation, so I prefer starting with the raw sound before adding further processing. For me, browsing the various oscillators is much more enjoyable and efficient than browsing the included presets.

A couple of other things I've noticed. Not deal breakers in any way but odd none the less. Version 2 GUIs seem to be a bit fuzzy which is something people mentioned with MixBox. Version one seems a bit more crisp.

Version 1:
Synt 1.png
Version 2
Synt 2.png

Also for some reason the EQ bands are flipped most notably in the EQ PG. Hi bands are low, lower bands are high:

EQ PG.png

Again not a big deal just a bit counterintuitive.

Anyway it looks like we'll hit the next level by some time tomorrow. Only 23 more to 7 Free at the time of this post. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:56 pm I already have Syntronik 2 Standard via Total Studio Max, but if this allows me to essentially upgrade to Syntronik 2 Deluxe for $49.99 that's pretty good too. I think that would require the group buy to go up to 11 for 1.

Anyone knows what happens with the remaining licenses if it goes beyond that and I don't use them? Can I give them away or sell them?
No. And remember you need to select your bonus products within 30 days of the end of the GB.
Inspired by ...

@ Teksonik,

Yes, the Syn2 GUIs are fuzzier (blurrier) than their equivalents in Syn1. This point was raised with Support soon after Syn2 was released, along with the generally smaller text fonts and duller text colour (making it less easy to read).

Inspired by ...

[Copied from the Market-place thread]

Some users have reported seeing fewer presets than shown on the synth web pages. For example:
skyman88882002 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:12 pm -S2 Syner-V [advertised 213 presets; shows only 92]
As an example, if I hit 'reinstall' Syntronik Syner-V in IK Manager it starts to install SYN2_Syner-V-Part_2.zip and then parts 3 through 6. It never installs Part 1. I also checked the Download zips for CATO and manually expanded them; the presets showing are the same diminished number that shows in the S2 Library. So yes, lots of missing presets.
It sounds like the iK Product Manager is not doing the install correctly.

Try this (I have not tried it myself):
-- go to your User Area / My Products section on the web site.
-- look for Syner_V, select [Sounds Download],
-- download Part_1.zip from there (if present) and any other new ones,
-- extract the files from the .zip file to your Desktop and run the installer.
Repeat for the other synths.

Also, back-up all the downloaded .zip files so you do not need to download them again in the future.

And, after successful installation of a synth library, you can delete the downloaded .zip files from the IK Product Manager "downloads" folder.

Finally the generally used abbreviations for Syntronik are Syn1 and Syn2 (to avoid confusion with SampleTank, ST4).
Inspired by ...

Installing the zips individually like that doesn't solve the missing presets issue.

I'd like to know if anyone who has installed any of the 11 new Syntronik 2 synths has anywhere close to the number of presets that's claimed on the synths' product pages. So far I've just seen a lot of people reporting missing presets.

Worst installation process in the industry.

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:52 am Worst installation process in the industry.
Yep, it took me over a week to get Syntronik 2 Max installed right with all of the presets. I needed to uninstall everything and re-install multiple times. Finally it just happened to work one of the re-installs and I magically had all of the presets, so I've been very careful not to update it or anything. Nice sounding synths but IK's installation process sucks.

On one of the installs (I think it was for Syner-V) the installer through the Product Manager began the install on 3 of 5. It showed presets, but I couldn't access them. I went to the user area on their website and did a manual install the presets and that seemed to work.

I can't verify how many patches I have, but it is in the thousands...I have only four of the new ones left to get as the group buy rewards increase.

Syntronik 2 has all sorts of weird bugs. Some presets have bizarre key tracking issues in the filter if you use the synth-view page. With resonance turned up, change the LP filter, and it behaves like a band pass instead of an LP. You can generally fix it by switching to the edit page, and messing with key tracking, or flipping between band pass and LP modes.

As for install issues, the installer for some reason thinks a given library is installed, even though the same entry says that there are missing files. I have never had to do more than tell it to re-install, and everything downloaded and installed correctly.

Return to “Instruments”