Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer (OB-Xa clone)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had stuff from them in the past, too, so was going to say rubber monkey can have reasonable prices.

Top hit searching Behringer NZ

If this is going like for DeepMind and later a 8-voice more compact version too, like DM6, very tempting just for the hell of it. And I have room for it as second tier over DM6.

As I recall DM12 started at about $1300 or so, and dropped quite a bit once all investments were payed or something.

I'm really impressed by my DM6, so would not think twice getting Ub-xa 8 voice for $600 or so.

Apparently Behringer have promised the Xa will be under US$1500. Though I don't want one, I have to admit that's a cracking price for a 16 voice. Yeah, if they release an 8 voice it'll likely be very affordable. Doubt it'll be half the price of the 16 voice though...

Here are some UB-Xa sounds that I really enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitEIzAsI7o

Posted an hour ago.

lfm wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 pm Here are some UB-Xa sounds that I really enjoy

Posted an hour ago.
That does sound great. I read a blurb about this video today that asked, "Will this be Behringer's BEST synth ever?"
I think it will sell well.

Sorry, wrong thread! :lol:

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:36 am
lfm wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 pm Here are some UB-Xa sounds that I really enjoy

Posted an hour ago.
That does sound great. I read a blurb about this video today that asked, "Will this be Behringer's BEST synth ever?"
I think it will sell well.
I think so too.

Listening over a couple of time in HD280 phones I use for anything not mixing, it might not be the most signature Oberheim low end in that video.

Comparing to J3PO demo of his own OB-Xa and why he loves it, there is some low end in left hand that is more typical, as I understand it. Oberheim being famous for low end.

But it may also depend on how oscillator waveforms look in the most low end, not only filters. I've seen a bunch of demos of synth's square and saw in lowest end that does not look anything like in middle register. So does also bring character probably.

Some demos of UB-Xa from last summer sounded more interesting in low end.

I got some interesting results with Polybrute and experimenting with steiner and ladder in series. Having Steiner as HP and cutoff to low end, and some resonance boost bass a bit, then having Ladder doing the rest as LP filter. Dial a bit where HP cutoff.

This demo linked to I have no problem replicating in Polybrute, I must say, not the most typical Oberheim. Even if I usually don't do as slow envelopes as in video.

lfm wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:16 am If this is going like for DeepMind and later a 8-voice more compact version too, like DM6, very tempting just for the hell of it. And I have room for it as second tier over DM6.

As I recall DM12 started at about $1300 or so, and dropped quite a bit once all investments were payed or something.

I'm really impressed by my DM6, so would not think twice getting Ub-xa 8 voice for $600 or so.
I bought the DeepMind 6 almost 1 year ago and I love it. I use it in 75% of my productions, even if it’s considered as a Juno clone on steroids the posibilities are endless. The mod matrix is insane and the built in effects sound great!

CristianP wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:36 pm I bought the DeepMind 6 almost 1 year ago and I love it. I use it in 75% of my productions, even if it’s considered as a Juno clone on steroids the posibilities are endless. The mod matrix is insane and the built in effects sound great!
Yes, and I have the feeling they won't do anything less with UB-Xa.

But with just that tiny display, something different, but still extend on the original. Maybe do modulations in style with Sequential REV2/Take5 or similar, not as visual overview.

Polbrute/Matrixbrute are hard to beat with that many connections still have a good overview.

I maybe spend 1% time making sounds with DM6 today. It is a threshold to refresh memory how to jump between panel and this or that page in menu and stuff, just knowing where everything is and be fluent. And compare before overwrite is a little bit awkward in that you have to go back and forth between compare and play before changing preset to see if next location is something you might want to overwrite instead.

Many synths have better approach to previewing while looking for something to overwrite, Nordlead or Polybrute etc. Pressing Save/Write once default is to listen to that location and you just move to next and listen and so forth. When finding a spot just save there with another push of a button.

In Prologue I have to have a peak first on a couple of locations I write to before modifying one I am at.

And form factor is nice on DM6, easy to have on your lap while having a layed back position in your favourite chair with legs up. A UB-Xa-8 with such a small footprint is a must have. :)

A new video up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm-v_ls-5So

Not a lot variations, just a nice brass with some PAT demo.

Well it looks pretty close to the real thing...
No auto tune...

If Behringer products were movies:

I’m not a big Oberheim fan, but that demo sounds pretty damn good to me! :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:20 am Well it looks pretty close to the real thing...
One could even say it sits above the real thing, based on that image…..

So the Behringer UB-X (not UB-Xa) prototype has been revealed:

Source: https://musictech.com/news/gear/behringer-ub-x/

So now there is a possible two Oberheim clones to choose from. UB-X might get a faster track to production, but no idea what is holding up the UB-Xa, probably that awful Anderton's video had an influence.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”