2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:44 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:09 pm Just watched the tutorial and they’ve really managed to capture the important things of a groove box without menu dives. You can safely come back to this in 6 months and just play.
Sorry, which one are you referring to?
This is the I watched, from their product page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_6tREMmfAU

vurt wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:37 am
vurt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 pm Screenshot_2022-05-19-15-04-49-992.jpg

sadly, probably my next hardware purchase will be more like this :cry:
I see plenty of room for speakers!
ive found a company that does them with mp3 player and speakers built in :o
I think this the only way to do it right

My Mutant Brain module still isn’t right, stops receiving MIDI as soon as the DAW transport starts playing. As I mainly want to use it to receive sequenced MIDI and clock from the DAW it’s become an 8 hp chocolate fire guard.
I think it’s out of warranty and Hexinverter support forum is full of tales of woe - seems to be one support guy who rarely visits - so I cut my losses and ordered a Flame module that also offers 4 channels of MIDI to CV and gate plus clock out.

Edit: The plot thickens... it works fine in Studio One, just not in Reaper. Hmmm.
My guess is that the DAW cached a setting from ages ago.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sat May 21, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:28 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:11 pm kick on 32nds
16ths.
ballads?

:hihi:

elxsound wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:03 pm This is the I watched, from their product page
Thanks!

A new addition to go alongside my drum sequencer from Juno UK :tu:

Erica Synths Black Sequencer

Fun times ahead in modular land

rob_lee wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:56 pm A new addition to go alongside my drum sequencer from Juno UK :tu:

Nice rob congratz! be sure and post some modular tracks. Dunno about you, but i found modular to be very interesting, in particular the performance aspect of music on the fly.
Was a whole new ballgame for me. Always interested in others takes on it. :tu:

pekbro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:16 am
rob_lee wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:56 pm A new addition to go alongside my drum sequencer from Juno UK :tu:

Nice rob congratz! be sure and post some modular tracks. Dunno about you, but i found modular to be very interesting, in particular the performance aspect of music on the fly.
Yeah once I get everything I need in the case I'll post some live stuff. I wish I'd gotten in to modular years ago instead of pissing about with software synths etc.. still love my hardware but anything is possible with modular IMO
It's all coming together here, just need a few more things. I should have a nice 12u 104hp setup by summer.

Iv'e mastered the Quad Drum now I just need a random sequencer for that now and I'm thinking about the TTA Trigger Riot. Thought about the Pam's I'm sure it's cool but is kind of static IMO and I want hands on control. I may even buy another QD I like it that much.

PS
About on the fly stuff... exactly that.. once you hit play you've got to improvise and jam. Who needs a song mode? Not me lol I am the song mode. :lol:

Like I say, wasted so many years on useless soft synths using a mouse, making Mickey Mouse sound banks for various synths drenched in FX and selling that shit that wouldn't even work in tracks TBH.
Glad I don't have to do that shit anymore and just focus on my modular journey.

Oh and I just ordered the Acid Rain Chainsaw and Maestro... that''s gonna give me some pure Techno :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:37 am
pekbro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:16 am

Yeah once I get everything I need in the case I'll post some live stuff. I wish I'd gotten in to modular years ago instead of pissing about with software synths etc.. still love my hardware but anything is possible with modular IMO
It's all coming together here, just need a few more things. I should have a nice 12u 104hp setup by summer.

Iv'e mastered the Quad Drum now I just need a random sequencer for that now and I'm thinking about the TTA Trigger Riot. Thought about the Pam's I'm sure it's cool but is kind of static IMO and I want hands on control. I may even buy another QD I like it that much.

PS
About on the fly stuff... exactly that.. once you hit play you've got to improvise and jam. Who needs a song mode? Not me lol I am the song mode. :lol:

Like I say, wasted so many years on useless soft synths using a mouse, making Mickey Mouse sound banks for various synths drenched in FX and selling that shit that wouldn't even work in tracks TBH.
Glad I don't have to do that shit anymore and just focus on my modular journey.

Oh and I just ordered the Acid Rain Chainsaw and Maestro... that''s gonna give me some pure Techno :tu:
Awesome, can't wait to hear what you do with all of it. :tu:

*I like the Acid Rain stuff, I have their switchblade module (discontinued unfortunately).
Super handy though imo...

*Regarding additional sequencing, you might have a look at the DNIPro DOT, I have to rate it
very high for drum triggering, I have 2 of them actually, which I see as the minimum, but
you don't have to get them at the same time at least. Anyway, Super cool :tu:

*Also check out the Flux Sequencer from IO labs, that thing can trigger drums to the level
of pseudo granular if whatever you are triggering is fast enough (I use the Rossum Assimil8or).
There is really nothing else like it in eurorack.

rob_lee wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:37 am
Maestro is a game changer, imo. (but, 'attenuators' are your friend) :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

pekbro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:55 am

*Regarding additional sequencing, you might have a look at the DNIPro DOT, I have to rate it
very high for drum triggering, I have 2 of them actually, which I see as the minimum, but
Yes Iv'e watched these DNIPro DOT's on YouTube a few times and was gonna buy a couple of them however all the stores Iv'e checked and I checked everywhere say that they're not available or out of stock. I really like them tho good shout :tu:

coming along nicely rob :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:12 pm coming along nicely rob :tu:
The plan is to have x2 104hp cases ready to jam by August. Done alright so far getting all my drums n sample + sequencer modules sorted within about 5 weeks. Now I'm waiting on those 2 Black TTA Mantis cases from Thomman but no rush for them.

rob_lee wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:46 am
pekbro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:55 am

Yes Iv'e watched these DNIPro DOT's on YouTube a few times and was gonna buy a couple of them however all the stores Iv'e checked and I checked everywhere say that they're not available or out of stock. I really like them tho good shout :tu:
I got mine direct, they are in stock there, of course they are in the Ukraine (I believe), not sure if that would cause problems getting them or not. Seems like they are still operating.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”