Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

zzz00m wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:46 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm I'll ask again, does anyone know what the green dot next to Unison in Osc 1 is for? I saw something about "Subharmonic Unison" being added but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

It wasn't there in older versions and doesn't show in Osc 2 or 3 so....... :shrug:
I thought you had moved on from Vital?
I had moved on from the old version but since there is (finally after 18 months) an update I thought I'd spend some time with it if that's OK with you.

Will Vital makes its way into my working lineup? No. Will I spend some time with the new version? Yes.

Can you answer the question above or ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm I'll ask again, does anyone know what the green dot next to Unison in Osc 1 is for? I saw something about "Subharmonic Unison" being added but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

It wasn't there in older versions and doesn't show in Osc 2 or 3 so....... :shrug:

Vital 092422-1.png
It means a MIDI controller has been assigned to the Unison value. And for me it does show up on OSC 1, 2 and 3 - although it looks like it only works on the most recently assigned OSC when you enable it on multiple OSC's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zzz00m wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:31 pm
Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 pm it is just.. a bit weird to me, it's all
I don't understand the meaning of "weird" in this synth context. Since you didn't elaborate on what exactly you perceive as "weird", can you just name a synth that doesn't seem "weird" to you?

It's fine if you don't like it, as that's just an honest reaction, but trying to understand what you meant... :D

I've got dozens of synths, and they are all weird in their own lovable way to me, LOL!
Oh I am not sure if I like it yet, that's why I only have free version right now. Just didn't have time to dig in deeper or use it in my music yet because it requires time to properly program.

But for instance Serum is also weird. Omnipshere is 50/50 😁

Not weird synths are for example Diva, Sylenth1, Largo. I use weird here in neutral way.
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:01 pm
Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Same same. To me Vital is a bit weird right now, don't have enough time to dig deeper into it and find out if I truly like it as a synth or not.
:clown:
It's just my brain farting, gimme a break will ya 😄
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm...I saw something about "Subharmonic Unison" being added but I don't know if this has anything to do with it....
In case you were wondering, you will find that feature under the advanced tab in the oscillator unison section in the "stack" menu.
bradkvr wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:33 am...And for me it does show up on OSC 1, 2 and 3 - although it looks like it only works on the most recently assigned OSC when you enable it on multiple OSC's.
Yeah, it would appear that if you try assigning the same MIDI CC to more that one parameter it will only affect the last one you assigned. If you really want to control multiple parameters with a single CC you could assign it to a macro and then use that to modulate what you want.

Propellerhands wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:38 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:01 pm
Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Same same. To me Vital is a bit weird right now, don't have enough time to dig deeper into it and find out if I truly like it as a synth or not.
:clown:
It's just my brain farting, gimme a break will ya 😄
No worries! It happens to me sometimes :hihi:

The dot shows if that control is midi mapped.
Right click and clear it and it should go away.

Vital 092422-1.png

mtytel wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 pm The dot shows if that control is midi mapped.
You probably know about it, but in case you don't the CLAP version does not display correctly in Bitwig

mtytel wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 pm The dot shows if that control is midi mapped.
Ok thanks. I didn't consciously assign a controller to any parameter at least on this system and it appeared with the Init patch right after installing the update.

Unison is not a parameter I would normally assign a controller to although I suppose I could have inadvertently done so sometime in the past but could this be another case of Vital randomly assigning controllers as we have seen reported several times in the past in older versions or has this been addressed in 1.5.3?

But it's good that the green dot now appears for any parameter that has been assigned a controller. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pdxindy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 pm
You probably know about it, but in case you don't the CLAP version does not display correctly in Bitwig
Hmmm the CLAP version displays correctly here on two different systems both running Windows 10. Bitwig 4.3.8

Are you on a Mac?

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:29 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Hmmm the CLAP version displays correctly here on two different systems both running Windows 10. Bitwig 4.3.8

Are you on a Mac?
Yes, Mac... Monterey

Ahh I see. That narrows it down then.

Has anyone figured out the new theme editor yet? I like how clicking on a button in the editor list highlights the section that is being edited but I can't seem to figure out how to get the newly selected color to be applied. Enter doesn't work, double click etc. Something simple I'm missing no doubt.

I want to work on a new theme while watching football today..... :party:

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:56 pm Has anyone figured out the new theme editor yet? I like how clicking on a button in the editor list highlights the section that is being edited but I can't seem to figure out how to get the newly selected color to be applied. Enter doesn't work, double click etc. Something simple I'm missing no doubt.
The color editor seems buggy...

There are all the color swatches that I assume are all the different colors used in the current theme. I have not found a way to determine which color swatch is used on say Oscillator Panel Body. Clicking on Osc Panel Body does not highlight which color swatch is used. I think that is a bug. If I drag a color swatch onto Osc Panel Body, thus changing its color, now when I click on Osc Panel Body, it highlights the color swatch I just dropped onto it.

Oh so we have to drag the color onto the button in the editor? Ok that works in for example Wavetable 3D Color:

Vital Theme 01.png

I'll stick with the default background colors. Right now I just want to get the highlights and main colors to my personal preference.

Looks like a few themes have been posted on the Vital forums but so far they're pretty rough on my eyes and some are going way overboard with the new glow feature for my taste. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:15 pm Oh so we have to drag the color onto the button in the editor? Ok that works in for example Wavetable 3D Color:
Yup... now you got it.

Return to “Instruments”