Logic Pro bounce volume not accurate....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it me or the bounce volume in Logic Pro is not accurate ?

For exemple if I make one track with a synth that plays a note at -14.3 db and I lower the channel strip fader to -5 db, the end result will be at -19.3 db.

But when I bounce region in place without any normalization the audio result will be at -19.5 db....

This is weird...

Can you actually hear the difference?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

AFAIK rounding errors can occur by calculating floating point audio streams down to 24 or 16 Bit fixed point format and back up again.

Which synth do you use?

I tried to do this with ES2 and got different results each time, slight variation in volume. But on the other hand I got different result of just monitoring the synth volume each time i restarted the sequence.

Tried the same with a simple sample in the sample player and both peak and RMS was the same in three bounces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niklashe wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:11 am Which synth do you use?
I did it with Serum with a simple saw wave but it also does it with a sample on an audio track and it does it 100% of the time. And I realized it does it only with bounce REGION in place, not with bounce TRACK in place...

BertKoor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:13 am Can you actually hear the difference?
In that particular exemple as it is only 0.2 db, no. But I'm worried it could sums up in a different situation.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”