One Synth Challenge #166: Wave Manuel (mmGhost Wins!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-166-wave

Results:
Here

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #166:
It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Report bugs & Donate:
here

Info:
Wave Manuel is a FREE waveshaping synthesizer plugin. At its heart is the unique variable shape oscillator with three parameters: “symmetry”, “saturation” and “shaping”, and with a dedicated envelope and LFO for animating the shape It can generate classic analog style waveforms (triangle, saw, pulse) but also anything in between.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

Red Rock Sound : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of any plugin

NUSofting : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of either Modelonia v2 Synth, Sinmad or Echobis

nakst : **New Prize** 1 copy of Integrate (A FL Studio / CLAP format synth only. *Not VST / Standalone*)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

First here!)

Is there finally a non-AVX version? If not, I'm out. CPU's too old... :(

Wave Manuel crashes Ableton Live 11 when trying to load an instance into the DAW. Tried with both AU and VST3.
Using M1 Macbook Pro (Monterey)

Sounds cool! Tried to make noise sounds for percussion, but only managed to get noise plus a very loud tone so I think I'll skip percussion. Also no midi learn but I probably won't have time to rehearse and perform anything anyway. Reaper crashed once after trying the plugin for a while, we'll see if it's a reocurring issue

It crashes Cakewalk after several minutes of use. Need to keep pressing the <SAVE>...
Release notes say there is no saving of user presets. Luckily it saves parameters when saving the project
Nice sounds and nice modeling. Percussions are indeed an interesting challenge

jasinski wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:29 am Wave Manuel crashes Ableton Live 11 when trying to load an instance into the DAW. Tried with both AU and VST3.
Using M1 Macbook Pro (Monterey)
... vst-version works fine here in Ableton 11 Suite, macOS BigSur (IntelCore i9). But AU-Version does not work!
Tested also in Logic and StudioOne6:no problems ...
probably there is a problem with macOS monterey or M1 ...

I forgot to mention that I use the current version ( 1.0.8 ) ...
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Instant crash on Cantabile 4.0.

VST Host loads the plug in but no sound comes out of it.

I will check Reaper when I get home.

Does everyone here have the latest version (1.0.6 Win/1.0.8 Mac) of the plugin? When I first tried the older version, I also had no sound in the VST Host, also sometimes got an crashes.

Instant crash on Reaper when I load the instrument.
So I am out. See you next year!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

FLStudio doesn't even recognize it

Version 1.0.6 works fine in Bitwig 4.4.1 on Win 11.

From the comments so far it seems to be going well.

Crashed for me also after less than 10 mins, Cakewalk build 28.11.0.021 (Windows 11 64 bit).

There is also some erratic behavior of the oscillators. And some interesting "leakage" between instances on different tracks (doesn't happen with any other VST/Synth I've tried). It definitely adds to the dynamics of the sounds :)

About percussions, one possible source for noise can be found in both extremes of the scale with some high-freq FM

WM developer here!

Sorry to hear about crashes, I haven't tested WM on Cakewalk, FLStudio and Cantabile. I'll investigate and try to fix the issues. I've been working on updated UI and audio engine improvements but the reported bugs are first priority now!

Thank you for your interest in Wave Manuel!

Return to “Instruments”