Wavesfactory releases Flash — Free Transient Shaper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this the transient detection from quantum? or do I need both

Zoopy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:13 pm Is this the transient detection from quantum? or do I need both
Flash is the core of Quantum, but they don't do the same thing at all.
The algorithm inside Flash is the one that's use in Quantum to automatically detect transients without the use of a threshold control.
For anyone interested, check out Quantum here:
https://www.wavesfactory.com/audio-plugins/quantum

Version 1.0.2 of Flash is out! It fixes multiple issues in both Mac and Windows.
Update directly from the UI, click on the spinning update icon and follow the steps.

Working well--many thanks.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

wavesfactory wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 pm Update directly from the UI, click on the spinning update icon and follow the steps.
just clicked the spinning icon (1am cet)
downloaded for mac...
...v1.0.1...???
still doesn't work in logic: no sound if set not to 0 (attack and/or sustain)
funny: it not only does not work but it also stops any audio (with a loud click) (also of other tracks)
that's with v1.0.1 - the one i got a few minutes ago...

Haven't tested yet (too late in the evening) - but many thanks in advance.

Updated automatically through the plugin (it downloaded 1.01) and that one does not yet work. Sustain knob immediately kills the audio output.

EDIT: Downloaded the 1.02 update from the website and that one works! Sustain knob now does what it is supposed to. However, 1.02 "finds a new update" even though this is the latest.. so now I have a spinning update icon going. No biggie though. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:41 am Updated automatically through the plugin (it downloaded 1.01) and that one does not yet work. Sustain knob immediately kills the audio output.

EDIT: Downloaded the 1.02 update from the website and that one works! Sustain knob now does what it is supposed to. However, 1.02 "finds a new update" even though this is the latest.. so now I have a spinning update icon going. No biggie though. :)
Same thing here.. latest version 1.02 has the constant spinning update wheel. That said, this sounds great! Thanks for the generous freebie.

The Autoupdater now works as it should! :wink:

I put this up against spL Transient Designer Plus, Newfangled Audio Punctuate, and Eventide Split EQ.

Flash performed the best. Totally natural sounding with no artifacts.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:06 am I put this up against spL Transient Designer Plus, Newfangled Audio Punctuate, and Eventide Split EQ.

how about Kilohearts transient designer?

Capture.PNG
The download site has been flagged as malicious in Microsoft Edge. Didn't have this issue with the earlier releases. I'm sure it's a false positive, but just putting it out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image

1.0.2 seems to work now (logic intel, hostingAU)
thank you!

the update-icon is still spinning telling me there is a new update available
downloading the sam 1-0-2 update....still spinning...

upon insert/launch of the plugin LittleSnitch reports:
wants to connect to flash-wavesfactory.s3.amazonaws.com
probably the update calling home

and then:
Suspicious process!
The code signature of the process has a formal error. This probably indicates that somebody is trying to pretend a valid code signature, or that the developer used inappropriate, non-standard tools to create the signature.
there is a more detailed littlesnitch info, with IP adress etc, that i've sent you just now
through support/ticket/contact on your webpage

expect a call
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Igro wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:03 am
jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:06 am I put this up against spL Transient Designer Plus, Newfangled Audio Punctuate, and Eventide Split EQ.

how about Kilohearts transient designer?
I compared the two, the attack and sustain are comparable (KhS a little more aggressive), but the clipper is where I noticed a big difference. The KHS when clipped a fair amount added audible distortion (on a drum bus). Flash stayed clean without break up. I like them both for those two reasons.

Return to “Effects”