The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
Now listening to "Vanishing Act". I very much notice you have double-tracked rhythm guitar parts. If I had to recreate that without using real guitars, not sure if I could do that decently without spending oodles of time. Per usual, very good melodies and audio quality. Vocals are working well. I like that lead synth, and other synths, lead guitar you did. Very cool if your group is going to cover it. Nice song and recording! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

wagtunes,
Now reviewing "It's In There": very strong piano tone and riffs/playing. Cool synths. Very good audio quality and melodies per usual, it's all in there! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:01 am wagtunes,
Now reviewing "It's In There": very strong piano tone and riffs/playing. Cool synths. Very good audio quality and melodies per usual, it's all in there! :)
Thanks for the listens. Not getting to do much music lately but I do what I can. Hope to have a song sometime by the end of the month.

3rd track from my upcoming CD "Box Full Of Nothing"

The Missing Piece Of The Puzzle

You always were a mystery
I could never figure you out
And given all our history
Your leaving was never in doubt

But I finally got my answers
The ones I've been searching for
And now that I know your secret
I won't have to deal with you anymore

I got the missing piece of the puzzle
That final slice of pie
I got the missing piece of the puzzle
I was such a stupid guy
But I won't be a fool no more
Now that you've walked out of my door
I've gotten rid of you bloody bore
Now that I've got the missing piece of the puzzle

I sometimes scratch my head
How I ever let you in
I should have known you'd be a hoe
And you would sin and sin

Repeat Pre Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I was stumped by God I swear
Until your head spun around like Linda Blair

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-puzzle

Good energy Wags. The backing really stomps into it! Cool ballroom dance track (some Beatles tracks are in this style).
Sounds like you are glad to be rid of someone! A fortunate exorcism perhaps.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:27 am Good energy Wags. The backing really stomps into it! Cool ballroom dance track (some Beatles tracks are in this style).
Sounds like you are glad to be rid of someone! A fortunate exorcism perhaps.
Well done!
:)
Thanks. Actually, no real inspiration between the song. It just came to me, kind of like how many of my songs are. When I write about real stuff it usually turns out to be a load of rubbish. LOL

The Puzzle is not my kind of music, but Vanishing Act was good. Nice guitar bed and some dreamy chord progressions. Good song!

Bansaw wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:35 pm The Puzzle is not my kind of music, but Vanishing Act was good. Nice guitar bed and some dreamy chord progressions. Good song!
My group is going to be covering Vanishing Act in a future album. A lot of people seem to like that one. Hopefully. it'll be a hit.

wagtunes wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 pm
Bansaw wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:35 pm The Puzzle is not my kind of music, but Vanishing Act was good. Nice guitar bed and some dreamy chord progressions. Good song!
My group is going to be covering Vanishing Act in a future album. A lot of people seem to like that one. Hopefully. it'll be a hit.
I wish you could post a link to some of these covers that your group does!

Bansaw wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:29 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 pm
I wish you could post a link to some of these covers that your group does!
Unfortunately, I can't. They have, IMO, a crappy deal. The distributor is in Germany and absolutely hates the US. He thinks we're all a bunch of pirates. So he does not allow any of his catalogue to be available here. Not only that, any posting publicly of any of the songs in his catalogue means instant removal and banning for life.

You're probably wondering how people even get our music. Well, it works by word of mouth. It's a private membership club. You get in through the recommendation of others. Once you do, you can then purchase albums in their catalogue. The distributor himself does no public advertising. Hell, we can't even mention the name of the group who covers my music. All I can say is they're a group based out of Miami, Florida. Our catalogue is only available to people who live in Europe and Asia.

But the worst part of the deal is this. After an album is released and initial sales are made, the album then, after a period of time, fades into obscurity. It drops so far off the playlist that nobody can find it. So it's not like we make royalties years or even months down the road. It amounts to selling your songs for a flat fee and that's it.

I'm not thrilled about the setup but it's better than not getting my music heard at all. In the meantime, the group leader is always looking out for a better deal but hasn't found one yet.

Somehow, I doubt he will.

It's a miserable business.

Anyway, that's the story of my arrangement with these guys.

Thats odd. Normally music promotors want the music seen by the largest possible audience. And especially the American market.

Bansaw wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:36 pm Thats odd. Normally music promotors want the music seen by the largest possible audience. And especially the American market.
This guy is a nut case. What can I tell you?

Wow, that is weird!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:36 am Wow, that is weird!
Isn't it?

4th track from my upcoming CD "Box Full Of Nothing"

I really like this one. I'm calling it now. My group's gonna want to cover this. The ARP in the 2nd verse gives this a really quirky feel rhythmically.

Whistling In An Empty Room

You don't listen to me anymore
Everything I say goes over your head
I wish you would just go away
On second thought, I wish you were dead

We all get to that stage
Where we just have to rant and rage

I might as well be whistling in an empty room
For all the good my talking to you does
We can't go on crying bout the past old gal
We can't go back to what was
I don't want to spin my wheels