Emulations we are still missing 2023 edition

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:02 pm Dune 3 can do roland, uhe diva, system 8 by roland too.
Anyways jp 8080 is nothing special anymore, it doesnt have a signature sound.
Dune 3 is a nice, glossy, hi-fi synth plugin. But it doesn't sound like a JP8000 which is still very distinctive. It's Supersaw waveform is more aggressive sounding than modern synth plugins with unison detune oscillators such as Dune 3.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:33 am What am I, the naysayer of this thread?
Having an opinion, even if it's a negative one, is never wrong.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:33 am What am I, the naysayer of this thread? I had a Prodigy and it was pretty lifeless. Many better Moog’s out there, not to mention Softube Model 72 and UA Minimoog.
A Prodigy emulation sounds like a waste of time but i'm in the 'give me more innovation' camp.
i did have two Moog Prodigys, they were modifried with lots more modulation, some tinkering in the resonance in the VCF, some added chorus and delays that were also modifried with Vc ins. Messy and lots of fun.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:33 am What am I, the naysayer of this thread? I had a Prodigy and it was pretty lifeless. Many better Moog’s out there, not to mention Softube Model 72 and UA Minimoog.
Hey, if Cherry can do the MG-1, I can want a Prodigy. Or a Moog Rogue. Or The Source. These were the "lesser Moogs" yes, but they were still cool but limited little synths. I loved the first two Rentals albums, and they were all over them. The Prodigy had a cool Sync sound. Starsky Carr just did a video on the Prodigy and it still holds up today. He describes it as being one big sweet spot. Someone needs to preserve these old classics.

BTW, I'd totally support extending the feature-set of the Prodigy.

Timbre Wolf.

Yamaha cs30
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Deisss wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:26 pm
- Waldorf - Microwave XT
Good call. I would like to see this too. Judging from the recent MicroQ emualtion beta there seems to be hope this happening sooner than later.

I'm sure we are going to see more Roland and Korg stuff from the manufacturers themselves.
No signature here!

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:55 am JP8080 thats the only im interested, but its very biased by nostalgia from 17 years ago. Other then that i dont care about any emulations anymore.
I like emulations because:
You can use your old patches even if you do not have hardware around anymore.
You can get rid of your old hardware.
I like being restricted by a particular synth. I just do not like working with modern do-it-all synths at all. I have had Synthmaster for years, and frankly, have not used it for anything at all. It's probably because the interface and overall comlexity and toom much possibilities to tinker around. Maybe because of the sound, no idea. On the other hand I always get something out from PPG Wave v3 or Wavestation.
No signature here!

I prefer emulations of real gear too. It gives it a sense of purpose and history.

But I still prefer software to hardware because conceptually I prefer rendering digital audio to A/D conversion whenever possible.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

sacer wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:00 am A good sounding ARP26000
- Softube should do the 2600 since Wayoutware didn't maintain TimeWarp2600.
- Reworked Arturia Oberheim Matrix 12
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

robotmonkey wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:02 am
Deisss wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:26 pm
- Waldorf - Microwave XT
Good call. I would like to see this too. Judging from the recent MicroQ emualtion beta there seems to be hope this happening sooner than later.
The way I understand it, it will rather be sooner than later. ;)

electro wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 am

Timewarp was good sounding but sonnivox has promised updates and nothing happened.
I would also be glad if Arturia would do a rewrite, but yeah softube would be the best option, they should also do the matrix

electro wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 am
The timewarp2600 is re-released by Air Music Tech (at least that is what the Air Plugin says in the "about" section). Though i don't know the original Wayoutware.
And yes - the Arturia Matrix 12 needs to be updated. I owned a Matrix 12 and the Arturia one doesn't really sound like the Matrix 12 (at least not like mine did).
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:01 pm
Alpha Juno 1 is the best version and still sells for cheap.
Nope, wouldn't say it does - it did when I sold mine a couple of years ago -
now they go for about twice as much than what I got for mine (which even included
a memory cartridge and had perfectly working aftertouch thanks to me cleaning the whole keybed).
We all need a keyboard, anyway, may as well make it an Alpha Juno. ;)
Yes, we all need one so chances are we already have (at the very least) one.

TBH since a (brand-new) Dreadbox Nymphes can be had for far less than a Alpha Juno goes for these days, I see absolutely no point in purchasing the latter anymore. The second hand synth-market is now dominated by crazy collectors and disgusting traders. It's basically dead for the most part of it.

But why not simply buy a new synth instead? Plenty of great, inexpensive to choose from (certainly not least thanks to Behringer I daresay). Let the traders buy everything up and then keep sitting on it for a year or a decade, I'd say. That'll teach them.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Instruments”