Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:38 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:40 am Largo 1.8 for 20 euro,buy now....i'm kidding.....no seriously,buy now :):):)
[edit]I thought this was for the v2 upgrade. That I’d pay $20 for.
there was discount for v.2 recently,something like 29,99 i think ,saw it somewhere.
i like 1.8 gui more and with synths like Sylenth1,Viper,Vital,Icarus,Synthmasters and thorn i use mostly can't find where Largo is irreplaceable,but it's nice synth,there is some sick digital spirit in it ,which some day will be useful somewhere...probably :):):)

Using in Logic and when I edit a preset it automatically saves the changes. Even after I click out of the bank and back again. Anyone else have this problem or know what could be wrong? Waldorf says it's not the program, but must be something in my DAW.

It's now been about 4 months since they said they would fix the issues.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:52 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:38 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:40 am Largo 1.8 for 20 euro,buy now....i'm kidding.....no seriously,buy now :):):)
[edit]I thought this was for the v2 upgrade. That I’d pay $20 for.
there was discount for v.2 recently,something like 29,99 i think ,saw it somewhere.
i like 1.8 gui more and with synths like Sylenth1,Viper,Vital,Icarus,Synthmasters and thorn i use mostly can't find where Largo is irreplaceable,but it's nice synth,there is some sick digital spirit in it ,which some day will be useful somewhere...probably :):):)
Well, I used to use it a lot. I like its unapologetically digital character. I really wish this was a full version upgrade, but I don’t mind paying $20 to a scalable interface.

Waldorf’s a weird company. I have a love/hate relationship with them. Part of me really loved the M, but there were so many little annoying bits about it that I eventually sold it and got a 3rd Wave instead. Largo 2 could have been great, but they 1/16th assed it. The Iridium and Quantum seem very cool, but sound like Omnisphere or Falcon to me. I think PPG 3 could be great with a real upgrade, but like Largo, they let it languish and when and if they do update it, I’m sure it’ll be a disappointment.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

so far have only few original presets made with Largo by myself,but they are sick :)May find it useful in the future,somehow to my taste it is a club synth - digital,but with it's own character :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:16 am so far have only few original presets made with Largo by myself,but they are sick :)May find it useful in the future,somehow to my taste it is a club synth - digital,but with it's own character :)
you need to find some good mastering compressor to smash those sick presets into oblivion :pray: :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:48 pm It's now been about 4 months since they said they would fix the issues.
Any sign of a PPG update?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hello, please can someone confirm that by installing Largo 2 i can still use Largo 1 in the same projects etc? I'm on Windows 11 and Cubase 13 Pro.
Thanks, Mikey.

Edit: I spoke to soon, but for anyone else who didn't know, the Waldorf website says: "Largo 2 will be installed as a separate plug-in. This ensures that all existing Largo projects continue to run as they are."

jrnyfn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:48 am Using in Logic and when I edit a preset it automatically saves the changes. Even after I click out of the bank and back again. Anyone else have this problem or know what could be wrong? Waldorf says it's not the program, but must be something in my DAW.
That's kind of funny in a way.. The one beta version of SoundDiver Apple decided to release after buying eMagic did the same thing to your synths. Click on anything in the editor and it wrote the patch back to your synth whether you wanted it to or not. Had to be VERY careful using it as a librarian hah.

The funny thing is, now that I upgraded I get a message on the Waldorf website that says that I don’t own Largo 1. :lol: Luckily I still have the JRR Shop receipt.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:28 pm The funny thing is, now that I upgraded I get a message on the Waldorf website that says that I don’t own Largo 1. :lol: Luckily I still have the JRR Shop receipt.

I just checked my account, and it shows both Largo (1) and Largo 2 Upgrade in the License Keys section. You should contact them and let them know. Hopefully they will sort you out.

I‘ve skipped the upgrade, so far what I’ve read v1 should be better

JamminFool wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:48 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:28 pm The funny thing is, now that I upgraded I get a message on the Waldorf website that says that I don’t own Largo 1. :lol: Luckily I still have the JRR Shop receipt.

I just checked my account, and it shows both Largo (1) and Largo 2 Upgrade in the License Keys section. You should contact them and let them know. Hopefully they will sort you out.
Yeah, I have. I should also pester them about PPG 3 and the old legacy bundle, which I own as well. Bought them when things came on CDROMs.
Zerocrossing Media

Update: Waldorf’s customer service says, “no record of me owning Largo 1,” despite the fact that I forwarded the receipt to them. What a sh!tshow Waldorf is. What do I have to do? Mail them my elicenser?
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:54 am

Update: Waldorf’s customer service says, “no record of me owning Largo 1,” despite the fact that I forwarded the receipt to them. What a sh!tshow Waldorf is. What do I have to do? Mail them my elicenser?
wtf? that is outrageous. i really hate to hear this because i really like waldorf products. but this cannot be right. how can they justify that you have a valid UPGRADE license but you don't have a valid license that you upgraded FROM??????

Return to “Instruments”