The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm One thing to not it has PWM which is awesome, but limited globally which means you cant have pulse with pwm and another one just pulse. Either pwm on all oscs or no pwm at all
Oh I think I read in the manual that there actually also is PWM per osc as target, only it has completely different naming....
Yes there is an FX version as well
Oh, so it is? One says yes, another one says no... :lol:

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:35 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm So is it true that it also includes a separate FX only VST, too?
Nope
oh what a pity, would make a lot of sense, if you ask me... Is there panning in the synth btw?
Not at the studio atm but from what i recall also no, tho i didnt checked thoroughly.

One thing to not it has PWM which is awesome, but limited globally which means you cant have pulse with pwm and another one just pulse. Either pwm on all oscs or no pwm at all
Huh?

There certainly is a seperate VST called Legend HZ FX and you can PWM individual oscillators.

There is a global PWM control but there is also a PWM per oscillator destination.
Last edited by kraster on Sun May 05, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendHZFX.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There's definitely an FX version.

kraster wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:51 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm So is it true that it also includes a separate FX only VST, too?
Nope
oh what a pity, would make a lot of sense, if you ask me... Is there panning in the synth btw?
Not at the studio atm but from what i recall also no, tho i didnt checked thoroughly.

One thing to not it has PWM which is awesome, but limited globally which means you cant have pulse with pwm and another one just pulse. Either pwm on all oscs or no pwm at all
Huh?

There certainly is a seperate VST called Legend HZ FX and you can PWM individual oscillators.
Where? Its not available as a download in my account and there is not possibility to install with a regular setup.

I tried to pwm individualy and it affects all pulse oscillators. Maybe i do something wrong. Can you elaborate? I only spent like 30 mins with the synth

Nope
It does install the Legend HZ Fx, seems like a seperate effect to me...
It bypasses the oscillators but you can use the filter and Fx's in the FX modus

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:53 pm
kraster wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:51 pm
Nope

Huh?

Where? Its not available as a download in my account and there is not possibility to install with a regular setup.

I tried to pwm individualy and it affects all pulse oscillators. Maybe i do something wrong. Can you elaborate? I only spent like 30 mins with the synth
Here:
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 13.54.57.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh gosh thank you :-)

I feel so silly, i hope i somehow missed in the install fx version either because id love to have it as an fx

No worries!

The FX is definitely there and should be installed by default.

The manual could do with a little brush up.

I was reading about how the sequencer contains four separate parameter values per step that can be used as modulation sources.

I couldn't find anything in the plugin.

The I just randomly clicked on the velocity label to the right of the sequencer and there they are.

No mention of this in the manual and nothing to indicate that the velocity label is actually a menu.

MSEG trigger mode doesn't seem to work.

The manual says you can use the MSEG Trigger modulation destination to trigger the MSEG from a modulation source.

According to the manual this is achieved by selecting trigger mode in the MSEG and assigning a source to it.

I have no idea if it's being triggerd by a non zero value (effectively a gate).

Nothing I assign to it seems to trigger the MSEG. It just randomly stops at a point somewhere in the mseg.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:48 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm One thing to not it has PWM which is awesome, but limited globally which means you cant have pulse with pwm and another one just pulse. Either pwm on all oscs or no pwm at all
Oh I think I read in the manual that there actually also is PWM per osc as target, only it has completely different naming....
Yes there is an FX version as well
Oh, so it is? One says yes, another one says no... :lol:
It installed a VST3 FX version here but no VST(2) FX. All I deselected was aax and nks. So maybe there is truth in both statements depending on how you use it.

There was no VST2 option for me at all on Mac - just the VST3 I and the VST3 FX

kylie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:11 pm It installed a VST3 FX version here but no VST(2) FX. All I deselected was aax and nks. So maybe there is truth in both statements depending on how you use it.
I didn't have FX at all and I only installed the VST2 version. I uninstalled and ran the installer again, paying closer attention, and sure enough, the FX is VST3 only (at least on Windows).

Thanks for pointing this out.

@teilo - please check PM. Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”