FAW (Circle2) has released a new sub-bass synth: SubLab

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not really what Sublab's about but:

"In a study published on November 7 in the journal Current Biology, researchers found that undetectable, very low-frequency (VLF) vibrations at music shows cause people to dance more. The study’s authors believe that this might mean that certain music vibrations impact pathways deep in the brain and create a reward system from dancing.

To obtain their results, the researchers turned on a VLF speaker on and off during a live EDM concert. They measured how much the concert-goers danced using motion capture headbands and found that when the VLF speaker was on, people danced more. Since the frequency was “below or near auditory thresholds,” the authors said that it “represents an unconscious effect on behavior.""

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inaudible-so ... nce%20more.

Study participants were unable to consciously tell the difference between a beat with VLF or without VLF (they performed at chance when saying whether they were different or not).

I don't think it's really relevant to Sublab, is it? But I'm glad I have a speaker that goes down into infrasound....

Return to “Instruments”