GHOST (beta) - New 6 osc wavetable FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:14 pm EDIT: It works, but I (and I suppose any other user) would never guess that's the resize method. Maybe adding the classical diagonal stripes in the lower right corner of the GUI?
The first thing I did on launch was drag the corner to resize. I agree it should have some visual indicator, but lots of plugins work that way, so I commonly try it on new plugins.

Is there a way to store a chosen GUI size as default? It starts always in a tiny state.

teilo wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 am
fmr wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:14 pm EDIT: It works, but I (and I suppose any other user) would never guess that's the resize method. Maybe adding the classical diagonal stripes in the lower right corner of the GUI?
The first thing I did on launch was drag the corner to resize. I agree it should have some visual indicator, but lots of plugins work that way, so I commonly try it on new plugins.
Well, I am used to look for size choices in Options or Preferences. Most (the vast majority) of the plug-ins I use work that way :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:39 pm Renoise
Thanks, I'll install it and debug the problem.

An afternoon full of fun with Ghost ... Dark Music for the dead from synth called Ghost.
Enjoy:

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/rotting-brains

This sketch will probably become my submission for the One Synth Challenge #164 featuring ghost: viewtopic.php?p=8524228#p8524228
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have some suggestions / questions:
- I would like to have a post filter on the whole result, to tame unwanted frequencies
- If I use an envelope onto a matrix volume, I miss some more points on the env. Is it possible to use an lfo in "env mode"?
- env1 seems to be hardwired to the volume of all oscs... ok then, can you please add 3-4 more envs?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm I have some suggestions / questions:
- I would like to have a post filter on the whole result, to tame unwanted frequencies
- If I use an envelope onto a matrix volume, I miss some more points on the env. Is it possible to use an lfo in "env mode"?
- env1 seems to be hardwired to the volume of all oscs... ok then, can you please add 3-4 more envs?
Could you use the filter or EQ in the effects section? Also, when you assign env3, you get another envelope in the list. Not sure how many this goes up to.

Here's my submission for OSC, didn't import any wavetables but managed to get flutes/saxophones/electric pianos/Funky Clavinet Bass/Choirs + percussion and much more:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... experience
Fusion

violator_alba wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:24 pm Could you use the filter or EQ in the effects section? Also, when you assign env3, you get another envelope in the list. Not sure how many this goes up to.
Up to six envelopes, currently.
Fernando (FMR)

Anyone else find the plugin goes mute when setting ENV1 attack to zero?

Dalle wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:19 pm Anyone else find the plugin goes mute when setting ENV1 attack to zero?
This has been raised on the discord, and I think is to be fixed in next update.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:15 pm Also encountering some weird zipper noise on note release
This is fixed in the latest update
PhaseTransition wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:43 am Is there a way to store a chosen GUI size as default? It starts always in a tiny state.
In the latest update, closing to GUI will automatically save the dimensions you had it at in a config file. The next GUI you open will have those dimensions.
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm I have some suggestions / questions:
1) The EQ in the EFFECTS section would be good for this. The audio from the oscillators are all summed before being sent to the effects section. Is this what you mean by "whole result"?
2) LFOs can be retriggered when RETRIG is turned on, however there is no functionality for key releases (at present).
3) See how you go using the LFOs in RETRIG mode and reusing ENVs with similar attack & decay times. If 6 ENVs and LFOs still isn't enough, let me know.
Dalle wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:19 pm Anyone else find the plugin goes mute when setting ENV1 attack to zero?
This is fixed in the latest update

exacoustics wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:03 am In the latest update, closing to GUI will automatically save the dimensions you had it at in a config file. The next GUI you open will have those dimensions.
:love:

Updated my track ... close to submission version for OSC#164 ... needs a little mixing here and there: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/rotting-brains

will it have sound to wavetable?

Return to “Instruments”