What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still using Vaz 2010 all the time.
(I think it's back from the year 2000)
It was first named Vaz 2001, but changed name later, correct mee if i'm wrong
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Absynth for me. That's the oldest one I use.

fster wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pmkorg oasys pci
windows xp 32 bit?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 am
cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:35 am Image

People complaining about small interfaces but this one doesn't even fit on my 2014 laptop screen :scared: . Rainbow synth from year 2000.

Also this is super old, from before VST days (but got ported to VST):

I have rainbow in my vst folder aswell :)

Also is it possible to get Retro AS-1 somewhere?
It was not free.
https://web.archive.org/web/19990427021 ... o_AS1.html
And it was discontinued long, long ago : in 2002.
The Wayback Machine link above is the last one.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

cyrb, if you still have Retro-As-1 working, there is here a free soundpack. Perhaps you don't have it...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I hope they sounded better than they looked :)

???

That's hardware, not a VSTi.

I've got two of the those Oasys PCI cards in a pair of Win98 boxes. I've just inherited an old pair of Apple G4s, will migrate the Korg cards when I get the time.
eh?

DrFolder wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:42 am Absynth for me. That's the oldest one I use.
I have older 32 bit VSTi on an older 32 bit PC with Windows 7 and on a still older PC with Window 98 but rarely turn it on for music making. Absynth is something I play regularly using a KORE. Unfortunately, I have too many great software (and hardware) instruments so regularly isn't very often.

:oops:
바보

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:49 am
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 am
cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:35 am Image

People complaining about small interfaces but this one doesn't even fit on my 2014 laptop screen :scared: . Rainbow synth from year 2000.

Also this is super old, from before VST days (but got ported to VST):

I have rainbow in my vst folder aswell :)

Also is it possible to get Retro AS-1 somewhere?
It was not free.
https://web.archive.org/web/19990427021 ... o_AS1.html
And it was discontinued long, long ago : in 2002.
The Wayback Machine link above is the last one.
Thank you :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Zebra 2
Massive
Kontakt
Sylenth1
Sytrus

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 am Also is it possible to get Retro AS-1 somewhere?
Unfortunately not, BitHeadz went out of business in 2003(?). And it would take a miracle to get the proggy to work nowaways. The demo installer is archived here, but it's a 16-bit executable so you need a 32-bit operating system to run it. I got it to install with WineVDM but it makes no sound whatsoever and gives an error when you launch the VST saying "Not installed correctly. Please reinstall". So I'm afraid you need Windows 98 to test the demo (limited to 30 days, 20 launches, no saving) :cry: . Also it may be because the installation is bugged or because its a demo - but seems RetroAS1 had no parameters to automate according to my DAW..

If you really want to play with such old synths, cesSynth1 and GakStoar Alpha actually predate this synth and were both freeware, and work acceptably well.
:D
BlackWinny wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:53 am cyrb, if you still have Retro-As-1 working, there is here a free soundpack. Perhaps you don't have it...
Those are just MP3s... some previews of patches. :hihi: I haven't got it to work though - but it comes with 1549 '.ras' files which is plenty

I stumbled on it while googling...
... Having not this very old plugin, I had not downloaded it but was so glad to share this link...

cesSynth1 reminded me of Waldorf A1 I don't know why. So, I googled it and found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZQ8lB-KuCg

What a nice interface Cubase had at that time! Anyone agrees that it is nicer than the current one, or is it just me?!

cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 am Also is it possible to get Retro AS-1 somewhere?
Unfortunately not, BitHeadz went out of business in 2003(?). And it would take a miracle to get the proggy to work nowaways. The demo installer is archived here, but it's a 16-bit executable so you need a 32-bit operating system to run it. I got it to install with WineVDM but it makes no sound whatsoever and gives an error when you launch the VST saying "Not installed correctly. Please reinstall". So I'm afraid you need Windows 98 to test the demo (limited to 30 days, 20 launches, no saving) :cry: . Also it may be because the installation is bugged or because its a demo - but seems RetroAS1 had no parameters to automate according to my DAW..

If you really want to play with such old synths, cesSynth1 and GakStoar Alpha actually predate this synth and were both freeware, and work acceptably well.
:D
BlackWinny wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:53 am cyrb, if you still have Retro-As-1 working, there is here a free soundpack. Perhaps you don't have it...
Those are just MP3s... some previews of patches. :hihi: I haven't got it to work though - but it comes with 1549 '.ras' files which is plenty
Ok thanks. I'll check out cesSynth1 and GakStoar
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”