DP 11 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

summer2000 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:27 pm What put me off from fully trying out DP in the past was the small fonts in the GUI on the Windows platform.
same - not sure I will try it now but hope they have fixed that fairly unforgiving problem

ah. that's how you do MPE. :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I see they also have pitch correction and quantise that looks like that as well, nice.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:14 pm
summer2000 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:27 pm What put me off from fully trying out DP in the past was the small fonts in the GUI on the Windows platform.
same - not sure I will try it now but hope they have fixed that fairly unforgiving problem
The font fix includes a specific Windows font fix, so sounds like you guys are in luck. I might even join you, resizable faders in DP means touch screens make more sense on laptops than before!

How are do you get DP activated to run the demo ? I've installed it and registered an account on Motu's website ...

Edit: Just put your email address and name.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Trying to force Hi-DPI for 1440P, not working here..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:05 am Trying to force Hi-DPI for 1440P, not working here..
i would read the release notes on the Windows font improvements first, like a few other DAWs there were some issues with windows and how it compensates for low res apps etc.

I found how to scale the GUI, 'View' menu then Scale options 125, 150 ect and increments of 5... Trying to find a skin theme that doesn't suck is hard though.

I have to admit I'm really digging the new look of DP11. They did an excellent job with the fonts now for Windows PCs. The interface reminds me of Studio One. I'm checking some tutorials on YouTube to figure out how to use this DAW. It is very complex at least to me when compared to Studio One, Live, Reason, Cubase, and Bitwig. Then again everything can appear intimidating when you lack experience with it.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:52 am I found how to scale the GUI, 'View' menu then Scale options 125, 150 ect and increments of 5... Trying to find a skin theme that doesn't suck is hard though.
I really like the "plasma" theme so far. I use a similar dark theme in Studio One. Very easy on the eyes.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

It's amazing. I can upgrade from my last Performer v.3 (upgrade) from 1989 :shock:
MuLab of course :D

What's the draw to DP? I've seen it around but it doesn't have much of a community and doesn't seem to have any interesting or unique features yet it's priced similarly to the big names.

hallwayraptor wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:07 am What's the draw to DP? I've seen it around but it doesn't have much of a community and doesn't seem to have any interesting or unique features yet it's priced similarly to the big names.
DP is popular in certain professional circles. I know a few film composers who stuck with it throughout the years because if its surround sound capabilities.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:25 pm Never understand digital performer. Maybe I will try the demo once more, oh wait, no demo for DP, and probably never will be. Apple silicon ready, nice move.
Don't know what you mean. Just downloaded it.
Sorry, it is just me being stupid.

Anyway, is there still a need to create 2 tracks(audio, midi) for virtual instruments?

What's the status of their virtual instruments? UVI hasn't worked on them in about 10 years. Is MOTU going to just let them die?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”