Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another analog emulator, so surprising.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Another stupid comment, how surprising.

beely wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:31 am
I don't have a problem with a bit of patina, but they don't have to make them look gross... vintage synths can be externally cleaned just as easily as new ones.
I guess the emulated device was i bit dirty already.

A lot of U-He Repros are already on sale...

I cant help but feel anyone who wanted this synths sound as a VST will already have Repro. Seems a strange slice of the market to go after when there is already a definitive and much loved VST and this doesn't seem to improve on it or add anything. I guess if you are heavily invested in the Softube ecosystem maybe? Or people who just love iLok? :dog:
Last edited by SLiC on Tue May 02, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is one that was definitely not needed. Uhe and arturia did great ones already. I love their emulations but bad choice I think.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:21 pm A lot of U-He Repros are already on sale...
not sure why. It's not better than Repro.
Not worse either.
But not better. :party:

looks really, really good but if you have RePro, move on.

Might be worth it for the modules but I'll wait till it gets knocked down for sales

Ploki wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:21 pm A lot of U-He Repros are already on sale...
Not worse either.
Mod-Matrix + Effects + Included Repro-1 with a sequencer makes it better but not worse :-)

Lbdunequest wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm
Not worse either.
Mod-Matrix + Effects + Included Repro-1 with a sequencer makes it better but not worse :-)
+ More polyphony and user friendly Copy protection :)

and (though I haven't tried this one yet, but I assume it has the same browser like the rest of softube stuff), a much better browser. (Repro that is).

Yeah I was looking forward to the next model xx that softube would come out with, but this one doesn't leave me excited at all, because 1) I was never a big prophet 5 fan to begin with, and 2) u-he Repro is so exquisite.
rsp
sound sculptist

Lbdunequest wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm
Not worse either.
Extremely fair point. :)
Personally i’m staying with repro anyway

I had a weird thought last night that they'd do an OB-X or an OB-8. Probably because I'm not in love with any of the current OB-Xa emulations (Obsession/Arturia). Then today they pop out with a Prophet.

I've got the Rev 4 hardware, RePro, and the Arturia version (which is pretty good in the latest incarnation). I'm not sure we needed another Prophet, but Softube does a good job capturing the sound of synths. And being able to use the filters/oscs in Modular is cool.

Perhaps my only complaint with RePro is that it's not sloppy enough and feels very well maintained or too out of tune (depending on the Detune knob position). Would love more slop controls similar to Div in order to get sloppier envelopes and more filter variation without necessarily knocking the tuning out.

The Softube having only 5 voices is a bit disappointing but consistent for them. But then they do add additional features in the panels, so you wonder why the draw the line at voice count. But c'est la vie!

Anyone know what rev this is based on? 2? 3?
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Tue May 02, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the softube version sounds more like a p5. Cue u-he fanboy hate…
However, Repro 1 is excellent, so there’s that :)

Return to “Instruments”