Elektron Analog Heat, thoughts, alternatives...Heat +FX!!!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Analog heats without the FX go for about 500 second hand, I guess you have to ask yourself if you need 8 types of distortion and if the digital fx are good enough for you….there are many alternatives if you use a couple of pedals but that obviously has pros and cons. There are a lot of advantages on paper with the all in one solution, I just didn’t end up using them!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The all-in-one solution is very preferable to me. I went down the pedal route for a short period and did not really enjoy that. I also love the idea of Overbridge for Heat. The digital effects sound good to me - better than many of the onboard effects on some of my synths. That said, when I first saw that the Heat +FX had a compressor, I was expecting/hoping it would be the same analog compressor from the RYTM mk2 (which is really awesome IMO), but oh well.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

how much? :o

vurt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:42 pmhow much? :o
$999.99

I still can’t go this route now but, expect to see some used ones in a month or two for $800.

That happened with Syntakt. People that just missed the return by date realizing they didn’t click with it had it up for decent prices.

£663 + VAT (you may not need to pay VAT if you are outside the UK)

£829 including UK VAT

Not too bad...

https://www.andertons.co.uk/elektron-an ... -processor
Last edited by SLiC on Thu May 11, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think I'll be getting this for sure. I get so much use from my mk1 AH and love the idea of more modulation and flexible routing. I'll probably keep my mk1 and move it to my live rig.

elxsound wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:46 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:42 pmhow much? :o
I still can’t go this route now but, expect to see some used ones in a month or two for $800.
Yeah, I almost placed my pre-order yesterday, but now I'm toying with the idea of just waiting for the early regretters to sell theirs. I did that with my Syntakt and saved $200 just a couple of weeks after they had hit the streets.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

SLiC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:50 pm £663 + VAT (you may not need to pay VAT if you are outside the UK)

£829 including UK VAT

Not too bad...

wonder if there's any way i can claim this as a disability aid, im tax exempt for medical stuff :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:04 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:50 pm £663 + VAT (you may not need to pay VAT if you are outside the UK)

£829 including UK VAT

Not too bad...

wonder if there's any way i can claim this as a disability aid, im tax exempt for medical stuff :hihi:
Of course you can, just say you need everything to be louder to hear it ;-)

vurt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:04 pm wonder if there's any way i can claim this as a disability aid, im tax exempt for medical stuff :hihi:
It’s excellent for filtering out the frequencies that trigger your tinnitus. In fact, almost everything you buy is good for that. :idea:

Suddenly, my local Craigslist has a half dozen ads from people dumping their Heat mk1 and mk2s, some for pretty cheap. Maybe I’ll grab a deal on a mk2 and see how I get on with it while I wait for people to start dumping their +FX versions.

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:35 pm Suddenly, my local Craigslist has a half dozen ads from people dumping their Heat mk1 and mk2s, some for pretty cheap. Maybe I’ll grab a deal on a mk2 and see how I get on with it while I wait for people to start dumping their +FX versions.

Not a bad decision… you’ll likely make a small profit. :party:

SLiC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:12 am Analog heats without the FX go for about 500 second hand, I guess you have to ask yourself if you need 8 types of distortion and if the digital fx are good enough for you….there are many alternatives if you use a couple of pedals but that obviously has pros and cons. There are a lot of advantages on paper with the all in one solution, I just didn’t end up using them!
I chose Acidbox 3 over Heat - sounds better to me. No Overbridge, though. But it's also stereo, has an envelope follower and LFO, and is pretty much 100% analog. Those cost even less.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:54 am
SLiC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:12 am Analog heats without the FX go for about 500 second hand, I guess you have to ask yourself if you need 8 types of distortion and if the digital fx are good enough for you….there are many alternatives if you use a couple of pedals but that obviously has pros and cons. There are a lot of advantages on paper with the all in one solution, I just didn’t end up using them!
I chose Acidbox 3 over Heat - sounds better to me. No Overbridge, though. But it's also stereo, has an envelope follower and LFO, and is pretty much 100% analog. Those cost even less.
Yes but the main feature of HEAT are the 8 different analog overdrive settings from warmth to distortion), you have the filters, envelopes and 2 LFOs on top of that as well as presets (which I find very useful as also good for guitar etc) and overbridge…

Oops, wrong thread :dog:
Last edited by cryophonik on Sun May 14, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”