Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it is probably one HELL of a job for the developers to pull off but gui updates for all the outdated looking and feeling instruments would almost certainly lure me back to Logic. I just can't...with the pixelated weirdness of those legacy interfaces!

audiouser720 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:15 pm But I can’t believe they still haven’t updated the GUIs for Space Designer, Ultrabeat, ES1, ES2. It’s getting a bit… funny
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 22.05.17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sample Alchemy is amazing!

the new pitch correction is nearly as clean as Autotune, incredible.

Vocal Transformer however still looks like ass

to those who dont like the ultrabeat gui im pretty sure ultrabeat will be legacy soon. we have the sequencer and drum machine designer. I know a lot of people love ultrabeat but i never bothered to learn it so I don't know the differences so I could be wrong the little ive played with it seems like its got less then the two tools combined.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

It's almost as if they DAW makers have a gentleman's agreement - no DAW may have all of: clip launching, notation and a chord track. I would have expected a chord track in Logic by now.

Enrize wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:06 pm
audiouser720 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:15 pm But I can’t believe they still haven’t updated the GUIs for Space Designer, Ultrabeat, ES1, ES2. It’s getting a bit… funny
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 22.05.17.png
No... I meant Delay Designer. It was a typo. Space Designer has been updated for years. Basically all plugins should be updated by now

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:23 pm the new pitch correction is nearly as clean as Autotune, incredible.

I don’t see pitch correction in the notes, what’s new this update?

daily patcher wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:53 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:23 pm the new pitch correction is nearly as clean as Autotune, incredible.

The interface is updated. It still had that old Logic Platinum look until today. The Vocal Transformer still look old as hell.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Appears as a completely new algo. Some “neural pitch detection” thingie is in
apoclypse wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:23 pm

The interface is updated. It still had that old Logic Platinum look until today. The Vocal Transformer still look old as hell.
It’s much cleaner than it used to be tho. Imo it’s cleaner than most commercial ones except antares.
Also the neural detector thingie which i wonder what it is

Nice for free :) I might don't need to update any other host if I choose Logic as my main DAW :D

https://youtu.be/j-2kpMGCQWc?si=KOQboMQRYkCB9vK5

the neural pitch detection was added in 10.7.8 or 10.7.9 i forget which. in the old ui there was an arrow in the bottom left with a checkbox you could click on or off. so they actually gave their users the new algorithm for pitch correction before the ui update which i respect.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

pbognar wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:40 pm It's almost as if they DAW makers have a gentleman's agreement - no DAW may have all of: clip launching, notation and a chord track. I would have expected a chord track in Logic by now.
Fun fact: Logic introduced a chord track not that long ago but it had more bugs than they wanted to fix so they abandoned it.

I appreciate the bug fixes and the partial fixes to selection based processing with takes, but I don’t understand why selection based processing is limited to the comp track. The more vocal work I do in Logic the more it feels like they shouldn’t have bootstrapped the Take Folder system onto a modified version of the Region Folder system however many years ago…

This is the first version that's been useable for me since 10.7.4. Project loading is around 25-40% longer than in that version, but in the prior updates it was 100%. Playback seems to encounter less issues with overload also, and so this is starting to make me feel that Logic and Apple are dependable again... but who knows what might be screwed up again in subsequent updates. I'm hoping that whatever problems there have been in the combination of Apple Silicon architecture and OS design are moving towards resolution, Ventura was horrendous but Sonoma seems improved. However, I still get 'a plugin has caused instability' errors frequently, and as other people report it seems to happen at random, unrelated to Logic doing anything in particular, even happening when Logic has been idle for minutes (no playback).
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

The new Alchemy Sample is fantastic, really good stuff..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”