Erae Touch on sale for Black Friday

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got it and it's already arrived! Looks super solid. Is there any kind of online repository of user created layouts?

@TJ Shredder, I'd love to get your Linnstrument layout!

None that I am aware of but I haven't really looked. I had a strong idea of what I wanted when I got mine and I made it myself in Erae Lab. It's the only layout I use, thanks to the way the octave up/down buttons work - different colours to show you how far off-centre you are. I finally got to use mine on stage last Friday and it was really, really good (much better than I was). I absolutely love it!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I found this but haven't had time to check it out to see what the quality of the presets are.
https://presetshare.com/presets?query=& ... =relevance

I do love the feel of this! So far, really glad I got it, though I can't figure out why it doesn't send CC74 for Y-travel. If you have any hints on that, I'd appreciate it. I bet it's just a setting somewhere or turning it on in the layout?

I bought it and receive it on 09/12 but I am struggling to use it.
Which template are you using ?
Did you create any user template ?
What is your use case or workflow ?

ERAE.png
This is my custom layout. I mostly use the two octave keyboard at the bottom, with the secondary keyboard at the top as an overflow - the first C on it is the note above the last B on the bigger keyboard. Three octaves pretty much covers 100% of my needs on stage.

The 3 big pads are also just keys but, one day, I'll find a use for them to trigger drums or something. I don't much use it for MPE, it's more of a replacement for my physical keyboard controller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thanks Bones, I am surprised that you use only one layout

I don't know what else I'd do with it. It's just a keyboard to me, but it's exactly the keyboard I want. If I made other layouts, they'd just have different default octaves for different songs, I dunno what else I'd do with it. I never saw it's programmability as a means to make a dozen different layouts, just the opportunity to make exactly the one layout that I wanted and, even without MPE, it is still my favourite keyboard to play. I'm not a keyboard player so I have no attachment to physical keys, I'd much rather play a touch surface like this or a Lightpad Block.

The advantage of one layout is also muscle/mind memory...

I made a bunch of layouts and ended up not using most of them cause it is too hard for me to remember what they all do. My musical setup keeps getting simpler cause all the options today are too much housekeeping. The simpler my setup, the greater percentage of my time which is spent actually playing music (not housekeeping).

At this point I have 3 layouts used. One is 4 X/Y pads. One is a more typical controller setup and the third is a keyboard.

thanks pdxindy , what is your controller setup ? some fader ?

I've come to a bit of a sad realisation - the arthritis in my fingers/hands has got to the point where it has become quite painful to use my Erae Touch for an extended period of time. OTOH, I find I can play a physical keyboard for hours without any real discomfort. I still love playing it more than anything else but, moving forward, I am going to have to limit my use of it and use my KeyStep more. I reckon a 50/50 split through a set will work OK. We'll find out in Melbourne next week.

I heard a rumor about Erae Touch II coming. Anybody else hear anything? I can’t find any verification so far.

Edit: mentioned as coming soon on their main page

crawlingwind wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 am I heard a rumor about Erae Touch II coming. Anybody else hear anything? I can’t find any verification so far.

I got an e-mail from Omar in December saying to stay tuned for January. I took it to mean a firmware update for the original version so I bought it. Now I see it's new hardware. I do hope they will update the original to fulfill the promise of it being a MIDI 2.0 device and continue to support the original. Fleshing out the great potential of the sequencer would be nice, but I fear they might not continue to support it. All speculation on my part, but it would have been nice if they let me know about the new hardware when I asked about it.

I'd like to see different sizes/shapes. One the same width as it is now but only half as deep would be great.

crawlingwind wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 am I heard a rumor about Erae Touch II coming. Anybody else hear anything? I can’t find any verification so far.

Where ? I can't find It

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”