Hardware resale prices

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:20 pm For the first time ever, I've found that selling used gear is a lot more difficult than in previous times in my life. Stuff sits here in the Classifieds section or Reverb for what seems like forever. Not sure what that's about... maybe the influx of new gear from Behringer that's just cheap.
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Things sell, but you have to really put more effort into it now, it seems. Even some of the cheaper Behringer stuff that I sold last year seemed to take longer than I would have expected. When I post something on Reverb, I immediately get a lot of people following it and people even putting it in their cart, but then just sitting on it for a few days or a week before they either buy it or delete it from their cart. It's sorta weird.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:11 pm not to sway any future purchases, but we (the modular community) are a very helpful bunch. 8)

both with getting to know the modular, and spending all your money :hihi:
don't be put off by it, if it has the sound you like, a single semi modular is not too hard to get to know :)
just takes a bit of confidence. seriously if someone as unorganised as me can do it, anyone can!
How long did it take you, from the complete unknown until being at least what you would call competent? I wouldn't even call myself unorganised, so I'm starting to worry that it's just an intelligence issue :lol:
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:46 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:20 pm For the first time ever, I've found that selling used gear is a lot more difficult than in previous times in my life. Stuff sits here in the Classifieds section or Reverb for what seems like forever. Not sure what that's about... maybe the influx of new gear from Behringer that's just cheap.
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Things sell, but you have to really put more effort into it now, it seems. Even some of the cheaper Behringer stuff that I sold last year seemed to take longer than I would have expected. When I post something on Reverb, I immediately get a lot of people following it and people even putting it in their cart, but then just sitting on it for a few days or a week before they either buy it or delete it from their cart. It's sorta weird.
It is the same here in Europe :(
Some even text you and show interest and when you reply you never hear anything back or they want to Lowbail you and think they can get it as close to free as possible.

I think it has more to do with the Current Economy and not Behringer since everything got weird and messed up after 2020.

@ zerocrossing & cryophonik

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and put some extra effort into presentation and expect to have to wait things out a little.

Maybe the software prices these days are having an effect on things too, at least from the view of someone who has only ever used software before. I've only been buying that stuff for a few years, but the price drops on that side recently have been pretty crazy at times. Even with the cheap Behringer stuff, which I'll be going for now that the Monologue didn't work out for me, the deals I've had on software in the last 12 months make the transition to hardware slightly less appealing, from a financial standpoint.

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:07 pm It is the same here in Europe :(
Some even text you and show interest and when you reply you never hear anything back or they want to Lowbail you and think they can get it as close to free as possible.
I've always been curious - is Craigslist used very much in Europe? Or, is there a better equivalent (maybe Facebook MarketPlace)?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Choikdoi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:18 pm the Monologue didn't work out for me
Monologue is underrated. Sadly for you, that means it will be tough to sell. $200 if you're in a rush. It's actually a great synth once you turn the Drive down.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:22 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:07 pm It is the same here in Europe :(
I've always been curious - is Craigslist used very much in Europe? Or, is there a better equivalent (maybe Facebook MarketPlace)?
Not sure.
I am living in a Nordic Country where we have our own kind of Ebay to sell things localy that are widely used but i do know that Reverb have also spread it's wings and some producs can be bought from there if the Seller allows it.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:25 pm
Choikdoi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:18 pm the Monologue didn't work out for me
Monologue is underrated. Sadly for you, that means it will be tough to sell. $200 if you're in a rush. It's actually a great synth once you turn the Drive down.
Yeah, I'm certainly underrating it myself too, I know. Definitely due to a lack of knowledge of how to get the best out of it. But, I gave it a month, hopefully I'll click with something else as my entry point. There's a sale on CATs at the moment, so I might drop my price to cover a quick purchase of that. But, now vurt has got me considering a Kobol again.

chk071, which one should I buy? :D

The Behringer Pro-800. ;)

Nah, I have no idea. I don't know your taste, so.

Do you have a music store anywhere near you? That would at least give you a good impression of some different synths.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:44 pm
Do you have a music store anywhere near you? That would at least give you a good impression of some different synths.
this if possible!
dont go to buy anything, go to demo stuff, go a few times, if you have to.
theres no rush.

if you cant get to a store, line up a playlist on youtube, and listen, find the one that sound good to you, thats the one.
anything else, you will learn if the sound is what you want.

sound first, everything else later.

:tu:

Choikdoi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:26 pm I only very recently just bought my first ever synth, so I don't have any experience dealing with the values of used gear.

Just purely as some general guidance / advice for if I wanted to sell it; what percentage of the price that you paid for something would you list it for, if it was only a month old and in perfect condition?
As with the resale of anything:
The more "coveted" the device, the greater the resale value.
There is no fixed percentage... just what the market will bear.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

No stores close by, and health issues make travelling difficult, otherwise I would have done so prior to buying the Monologue.

vurt, not sure if you missed the question earlier... how long did it take you (with modular), going from the complete unknown until being at least what you would call competent?

Choikdoi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:38 pm hopefully I'll click with something else as my entry point.
If you told me 10 years ago that we would be able to buy a very good minimoog clone with full knob control for under $300, I never would have believed you. I wouldn’t even have believed such a thing would be possible for under $1000. So Bogue would be my answer.

With that said, the Wasp, though limited, is the one that can do things I can’t do with software.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:44 pm The Behringer Pro-800. ;)
I was about to make the same suggestion! I haven't touched one yet, but that's a lot of synth (and great sound) for the money.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”