new make noise module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this sounds pretty good, but the decision not to have separate stereo outs for each input pair seems really strange. I'm sure it fits with some design philosophy around mixing but makes this less useful from my perspective.

Tarocco wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:34 am I think this sounds pretty good, but the decision not to have separate stereo outs for each input pair seems really strange. I'm sure it fits with some design philosophy around mixing but makes this less useful from my perspective.
Is that confirmed? I’m asking because it would be strange. I’m just wondering if using the Ch 2 output removes Ch. 2 input from the summed output (thereby creating separate outs).

I haven’t watched any videos yet and there’s no manual posted yet, so honest question

*trying not to want to buy this, but eventually I thought I would get it with x-pan.

elxsound wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:29 am
Tarocco wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:34 am I think this sounds pretty good, but the decision not to have separate stereo outs for each input pair seems really strange. I'm sure it fits with some design philosophy around mixing but makes this less useful from my perspective.
Is that confirmed? I’m asking because it would be strange. I’m just wondering if using the Ch 2 output removes Ch. 2 input from the summed output (thereby creating separate outs).

I haven’t watched any videos yet and there’s no manual posted yet, so honest question

*trying not to want to buy this, but eventually I thought I would get it with x-pan.
Yeah, the intro videos confirm the behavior - both channels go to the sum output. I think it makes sense in the Make Noise ecosystem, where they have always designed around decentralized mixing. Otherwise it feels like an odd design choice.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”