Stylophone Drone Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:09 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm that sub wave morph bit is lush!!!
Yes, just saw this! Nice, and there will be more like this soon- I like the grooves on the sides.
Going to give Korg's Volka line a run for the money I'll bet.
Indeed!!! 8) ... I also like the side 'ribs' as a stand-out sort-of 'mech-tech' styling element, and the functional aspect of interlocking other units is pretty clever, although I will rack it (which secures its appeal to me). The last two vids were the clincher. Joined the list. :party: :borg:

{aside} I am still befuddled as to Korgs (IMHO) shortsightedness, in not making the Volka line eurorack compatible. Just seems to me to be such a clearly self-evident marketing opportunity/option.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Looks lovely

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:13 am
Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:09 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm that sub wave morph bit is lush!!!
Yes, just saw this! Nice, and there will be more like this soon- I like the grooves on the sides.
Going to give Korg's Volka line a run for the money I'll bet.
Indeed!!! 8) ... I also like the side 'ribs' as a stand-out sort-of 'mech-tech' styling element, and the functional aspect of interlocking other units is pretty clever, although I will rack it (which secures its appeal to me). The last two vids were the clincher. Joined the list. :party: :borg:
would have been nice to release a few at once.
hopefully we'll get more info about what ti expect in the line :)

Meh, fortunately, I already have a eurorack drone synth... One that I honestly don't use a lot, as I find drones less useful than I had thought they would be before that.

pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:46 am Meh, fortunately, I already have a eurorack drone synth... One that I honestly don't use a lot, as I find drones less useful than I had thought they would be before that.
I think that this has a bit of U.K. nostalgia going for it. I like it with it's cheeky limitations and alien inspired look with a tiny cheesy speaker.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:30 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:46 am Meh, fortunately, I already have a eurorack drone synth... One that I honestly don't use a lot, as I find drones less useful than I had thought they would be before that.
I think that this has a bit of U.K. nostalgia going for it. I like it with it's cheeky limitations and alien inspired look with a tiny cheesy speaker.
I'm sure its fine, personally I just have trouble using drones in the rack. Mixing them, you have to
cut so much of them away so you can hear other tracks (or vice versa) that they are not really worth it. No doubt, others might find them more useful than me... *shrug

pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:43 am
I'm sure its fine, personally I just have trouble using drones in the rack. Mixing them, you have to
cut so much of them away so you can hear other tracks (or vice versa) that they are not really worth it. No doubt, others might find them more useful than me... *shrug
Doesn't have to be a drone synth when combined with a VCA in eurorack?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:43 am
Doesn't have to be a drone synth when combined with a VCA in eurorack?
Yup... I'm looking forward to pairing it up with this:
dysphonia-top-hd-1024x658.png
{and lots of other stuff}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Good for you guys, I've done the vca with the drone thing (and lots of other stuff), I've got better things to do with my vca's and whatnot (imo). Anyway, like I said others might find it more useful than me...

For those in the UK, Robin Vincent just announced a few minutes ago that Stylophone will be showing this and the theremon at Synth East, next month:

https://syntheast.com/

east? pfft, north west coast or bust!!!

Yes, welllll... I can see how some might consider it a bit too posh for their tastes. :hihi:

abittooposh.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:18 pm east? pfft, north west coast or bust!!!
north? pththt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”