What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synth1. Love it!
resistance is futile. Check my latest mix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532758

FM7 ,i still like It.

Voltkitchen MinimogueVA, putting an output of a laptop audio interface into a Marshall amp e recorded with another DAW/interface through a Shure SM 57 and a PreSonus preamp= creamy monster sound... :-)

Reaktor 6 still ships with a 'legacy' folder that has a ton of its older ensembles. Likewise, the NI website still hosts the amazing Users Library with more than 5,000 instruments and effects free for the downloading to any Reaktor owner. The cool thing is that everything is compatible with the latest Reaktor, which makes using your old, old favorites very easy in an updated rig.

I personally like to reach back into all the classic grooveboxes to add some flavor to my rhythm tracks. But perhaps my favorite is the LIMELITE drum sequencer (samples and sequences included) which, to my ear, still sounds relevant today. It's 14 years old, and you can find it in the User's Library. It's in the top 10 of the most downloaded ensembles of all time.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm the LIMELITE drum sequencer (samples and sequences included) which, to my ear, still sounds relevant today.
Good ear!
I know for certain there are still some big names using it to make House tunes just in the last couple years. :party:
I also break that one out to play every once in a while, along with Metaphysical Function. :love:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:16 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm the LIMELITE drum sequencer (samples and sequences included) which, to my ear, still sounds relevant today.
Good ear!
I know for certain there are still some big names using it to make House tunes just in the last couple years. :party:
I also break that one out to play every once in a while, along with Metaphysical Function. :love:
Downloaded Niji Drums the other day, seems pretty good :tu:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/13163/
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

BERFAB wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm I personally like to reach back into all the classic grooveboxes to add some flavor to my rhythm tracks. But perhaps my favorite is the LIMELITE drum sequencer (samples and sequences included) which, to my ear, still sounds relevant today. It's 14 years old, and you can find it in the User's Library. It's in the top 10 of the most downloaded ensembles of all time.

Cheers
-B
:tu:

I still have the Computer Music version 8)

MDA Jx10
Muon Atom

cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:32 pm Thanks. I do have FL Studio 11 but stopped using it years ago. Maybe i should start using it again just for WASP :)
Keep in mind FL comes with VST verison and Rewire, so you can control it through another host. I did that (Rewire) with Orion just to play with the old 'WaveFusion' synth built into Orion. :)

Edit: Unfortunately Orion is buggy as a ReWire client, probably why they removed it in 8.5... It only reacts to MIDI messages on channel 1, and often 'forgets' MIDI learn. So that is sad :( But as long as you don't need to automate any parameters or pitch bend, it will work on all 16 channels.
Ah i always forget that you could use FL Studio as a vst. Off to play with WASP in energyXT then. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Synth 1, the Korg collection and yeah ... Proteus VX (2009) - lovin' them all.
Anyone else still using the latter one?

I cant get proteus to work in windows7

Alchemy and Kore2

Steinberg A1
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Dune 3

Today it's been Tremor
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Return to “Instruments”