What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:33 pm Synths....YAWN!! I don't hear anything that rocks my world. Traditional instruments do more for me musically. Synths=noise except when they emulate traditional instruments. Synthesis was more about making emulations of "real" instruments at the beginning . I have never found noise satisfying or interesting. I rather hear real music by real musicians.
why are you posting in a thread about synths then?

if you have no interest in them, post somewhere else

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:33 pm Synths....YAWN!! I don't hear anything that rocks my world. Traditional instruments do more for me musically. Synths=noise except when they emulate traditional instruments. Synthesis was more about making emulations of "real" instruments at the beginning . I have never found noise satisfying or interesting. I rather hear real music by real musicians.
Ever what!!!!

I love music with real instruments.. I have gtrs.. tenor sax.. congas and other percussion and bamboo flutes.. I also have and love synths and eurorack and love the sounds that can make

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:36 pmDoesn't sound good to me, rather cold and harsh, frankly.
Well, which is it? Does it not sound good or does it sound cold and harsh? It can't be both.
I remember trying the demo a long time ago, but it didn't come across as a bread-and-butter synth, which is what I am interested in. It seemed more of a special effects synth.
Bread and butter is exactly where it excels. You must be pretty average at programming synths if you can't get plenty of those kinds of sounds from ArcSyn quickly and easily.
If that's the case, how sad are you hanging around a place like this? Complete loser level sad would be my estimation. Musicians just drink your rider, they are totally redundant today.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Huh? To me cold and harsh = not good.

I tried the presets, didn't spend a lot of time programming it, not least because of the interface, which I thought was a bit odd for my taste. Back then it was yellow on black.

"Cold and harsh" is meaningless drivel. It says nothing. We definitely want our music to be "harsh" and we are fine with "cold", too, but that doesn't mean any of the instruments we use have to be cold and harsh to achieve that. They are synthesisers, they sound however you want them to sound.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:49 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:36 pmDoesn't sound good to me, rather cold and harsh, frankly.
Well, which is it? Does it not sound good or does it sound cold and harsh? It can't be both.
I remember trying the demo a long time ago, but it didn't come across as a bread-and-butter synth, which is what I am interested in. It seemed more of a special effects synth.
Bread and butter is exactly where it excels. You must be pretty average at programming synths if you can't get plenty of those kinds of sounds from ArcSyn quickly and easily.
If that's the case, how sad are you hanging around a place like this? Complete loser level sad would be my estimation. Musicians just drink your rider, they are totally redundant today.
Sad hanging around?......physical modeling does not qualify huh?.....AAS would like to hear about that. Loser level? Maybe you should check out some of my Music Café Posts. Or the number of times I supported your love of Orion. With the number of virtual analog VSTs strange that you would mention redundant. Bones and dinosaurs go hand in hand. :clown:

AnX wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 pm

OOO or what tough guy!! :lol:

Karma_tba wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 am Sad hanging around?......physical modeling does not qualify huh?.....AAS would like to hear about that. Loser level? Maybe you should check out some of my Music Café Posts. Or the number of times I supported your love of Orion. With the number of virtual analog VSTs strange that you would mention redundant. Bones and dinosaurs go hand in hand. :clown:
Physical modelling is also a form of synthesis tho.
(One I really like if I might add)

That’s why I wasn’t sure whether you’re trolling or not.
I’m still not

right now it's HIVE2 and Zebra2+TDZ

Can't think of anything I need more. They are both just perfect and I get many amount of them to run on my aging Mac Pro.
:borg:

Karma_tba wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:29 am
AnX wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 pm

OOO or what tough guy!! :lol:
or he will cyber butt hurt you! :box:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

*holds up lighter and begins to sway* :hug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Karma_tba wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 amSad hanging around?......physical modeling does not qualify huh?...
Sorry pal, you don't get to change the goalposts. You said "I rather hear real music by real musicians", which leaves no room for you to now start spruiking physical modelling, you sad little man.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:10 am
Karma_tba wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 amSad hanging around?......physical modeling does not qualify huh?...
Sorry pal, you don't get to change the goalposts. You said "I rather hear real music by real musicians", which leaves no room for you to now start spruiking physical modelling, you sad little man.
At least I got hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok enough of this please
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”