v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Nigel,

it always worked like that.
The problem is that some keyswitches (correct me if I am wrong) make an effect while the key is held down. So a keyswitch cannot be automatically released, say, one second later.

You can define a "note off" event for the keyswitch if you specify "keyvelocity" as described on
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/wiki/d ... iculations

Code: Select all

group="The_Mandolin"; articulation="Bend 2 Off"; keyswitch="G-1"; keyvelocity=0;
Please let me know how this could be improved.
Thanks,
Attila

You don't want to have to turn each articulation off with another one, it just needs to work how the manually added note works and the vsti will do the rest and work the way it would normally, either toggling the key on or off or momentary (as long as the note is held), I don't think if you were playing a keyboard through Kontakt or another VI you would have to hold a keyswitch down continuously loosing the usage of your left hand, but I could be wrong, I will look in to it more tomorrow.

I know with Sforzando I had to use a <group> group=1 off_by=
in the instrument.sfz file to get the instrument to work with momentary keyswitch articulations, rather than just the default keyswitch being in an on or off state, i can use both, but that's all to do with the VI.

I see. This must be fixed then.

RapidComposer v3.4b2 is available!

Thanks for all the feedback!

v3.4b2 changes:
  • Circle Of Fifths improvement: Major/Minor Rings view option, and optional Chord Builder display
  • Preserve harmonic rhythm by holding down the Ctrl key during dragging a progression or MIDI file on the master track
  • Smaller divisions can be set in the chord length menu (Chord Selector)
  • MIDI file drag-and-drop performance optimization
  • New color scheme for Circle Of Fifths: Distance From Tonal Center
  • New color scheme for Chord Selector: Distance From Tonal Center
  • It is possible to select out-of-scale chords on Circle Of Fifths
  • [VST] Fix for muted notes when tempo changes in host during playback
  • [VST] Fix for hanging notes when using loop in host
  • Fix for a possible crash when changing the custom phrases or rhythms location while loading them

Hello, Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
1.When I drag a progression from the chord selector to the master track, I do not work
the smallest length values.
2. I can not find ...
optional Chord Builder display

3. Report on the next crash
Crash.zip
4. I understand that dragging the MIDI file to the track with the controllers has not yet been implemented?
5. The old problem continues:
   When I drag the midi file to the track, I can not unhook the mouse (the mouse is glued to the midi file and I have to forcefully close the program.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello lulukom!

1. you are right, I am investigating this right now
2. the Chord Builder can be displayed for the CoF of the master track. The CoF in the Chord Selector does not have this feature. There you have the Chord Builder in another tab
3. I tried to crash the application but I could not. Does this always happen with the same MIDI file? If so, can you send that file to me?
4. Not yet...
5. I could not reproduce this either. Does this happen for any MIDI files, or you have some files which RC behaves badly when used?

Thank you!
Attila

2. I'm ashamed, but I do not know what CoF is)
3. Yes, it is possible, the midi file is to blame ... I do not remember which midi file))
5. Here, too, maybe the midi file is to blame ... This periodically happens when I search for midi files in my library.
Thank you .
When I find such midi files - I will send them to you.

I am sorry, I meant CoF=Circle of Fifths. Less typing...
EDIT: you can enable the chord builder in the top right menu, but only for the CoF on the master track.

Yes, please if you find a badly behaving MIDI file send it to me.

:band2:

Hi lulukom,
the problem with dragging from the chord selector is fixed. If you re-download v3.4b2 it will have the fix.
Thanks!
Attila

:clap:

It still seems strange to me how this works ..
When I right click to regenerate the progression, the chord length of 1/4 changes to a rather strange designation 0/4. And after dragging the progression to the master track, there is no complete replacement of the length of each chord ... I'm still experimenting) ...

musicdevelopments wrote:I see. This must be fixed then.
Thanks Attila that will be good to get that working correctly !

You have added so many great new features, I will have to spend a week in front of RC learning them all :clap:

What you implement overnight takes other software developers years and years if at all to do. Like with Toontrack, I told them about needing a bar offset option for count-ins (that most DAW have) to align the vst with the bars in the DAW 2 years ago, they have just released their new Superior Drummer 3, no bar off set ! You saw the issue and added it overnight.

Thank you for engaging so openly with us as friend to friend, we all appreciate you very much :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, this is one of the main advantages of the program - a friendly and very effective developer! :tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”