Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

SteveWZ wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:43 pm I am impressed with the quality of complex reverbs that Byome is capable of creating.

Here is one:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... udio-byome
Absolutely gorgeous reverb!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

The cool things is, that's no reverb, at least not really. It's a combination of some of the different delay modules, the granulator and the diffuser + a bunch of other stuff like some occasional pitch shifting, frequency shifting etc. The "real" reverb only comes in at the end.
The granulator pitches parts of the whole thing up or down an octave randomly every 1/2 bar.
All the "reflections" are actually tempo synced as well.

Sparky77 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 am
SteveWZ wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:43 pm I am impressed with the quality of complex reverbs that Byome is capable of creating.

Here is one:

Thanks, that is indeed a reverb with a blend of modulations and tone controllers.
Appreciate the feedback!

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... rp-pulse-3

This is a single, sparse Arp with a single preset designed to create an ever changing harmonic reverb.
Some subtle percussion is added.
The drone at the end is %100 Byome, no instruments....

kiezum wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 am
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm UA (the lizard) once mentioned this in the 'New things from Unfiltered Audio', page 40:

''The granulator is something that we've wanted to do since starting the company. Curtis Roads showed me a lot of excellent OS 9 granular software that had crazy amounts of power. A lot of these had, ehhh, "academic" interfaces and/or required a lot of work to use and run. He emailed me to let me know that he will happily consult with us while we design and test it. We plan on doing a granular effect this year, and potentially a granular instrument next year. Our goal is to do something similar to what we did with SpecOps: lots of algorithms and techniques distilled down to a modulation and performance friendly interface''
I’ll wait for the dedicated Granular plugin. I’ve got all Unfinished Audio plugins. So I don’t need Byome. And I don’t like that they announce the price after it is release.
I think Byome IS that granular plugin.

dangayle wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:34 amI think Byome IS that granular plugin.
No, they wanted to create an instrument.

Did Lizard give us a price yet?
I’m sure he knows how much it will be...

dangayle wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:34 am
kiezum wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 am
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm UA (the lizard) once mentioned this in the 'New things from Unfiltered Audio', page 40:

''The granulator is something that we've wanted to do since starting the company. Curtis Roads showed me a lot of excellent OS 9 granular software that had crazy amounts of power. A lot of these had, ehhh, "academic" interfaces and/or required a lot of work to use and run. He emailed me to let me know that he will happily consult with us while we design and test it. We plan on doing a granular effect this year, and potentially a granular instrument next year. Our goal is to do something similar to what we did with SpecOps: lots of algorithms and techniques distilled down to a modulation and performance friendly interface''
I’ll wait for the dedicated Granular plugin. I’ve got all Unfinished Audio plugins. So I don’t need Byome. And I don’t like that they announce the price after it is release.
I think Byome IS that granular plugin.
Nope. They are aiming at all full pure granular tool, not a multi-effect.

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am
Sparky77 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 am

Here is one:

Thanks, that is indeed a reverb with a blend of modulations and tone controllers.
Appreciate the feedback!
Ohh sorry, I thought he was replying to my post from earlier :dog:
I really should post in the middle of the night anymore :hihi:
You example is indeed a beautiful reverb :tu:
I love the different reverb modules in combination with the modulation in this plugin.

Aynway, I was talking about this one:

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/byome- ... -diffusion

Except for the very end, there is not really a reverb in the classical sense, it's just a combination of the different delays, the granulator and the diffuser. Everything, from the reflections to the random pitch mod up and down an octave is tempo synced as well.

I really like this plugin way too much :hihi:

There it is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 pm There it is:
:x
Amazon: why not use an alternative

LOL That's the image I created and posted on fbook as a joke. Nice. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if you were spot on with the regular price.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if you were spot on with the regular price.
We shall see! But I am going to guess it will be $99. the reason is because there is much positive banter and expectation online about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they post it at a premium. :phones:

Sparky77 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 am
SteveWZ wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:48 pm Another example:

This is where Byome excels, automating FX...

This fx may seem subtle enough but in indeed very complex.
It includes pitch modulation, delays, tone controls, saturation, reverb, etc...

What makes it uniquely Byome is the TEN controllers that are programed to automatically shift and breath with the part.

This allows for some very organic effects.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... ing-verb-4
Nice
Thanks!

Return to “Effects”