Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

juno-60.

The TR-06 and TR-606 plugin (both ACB) are also newer than Zenology.
Stormchild

fmr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:42 am
fmr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:20 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:39 am hey Brian, i know you may not tell and plans etc but it is a MUST to release a proper JD800-990 boutique plugin... thx
We have been telling this for ages. When we started requesting it, Zenology didn't even exist.

I guess this says everything about their intentions. :(
hopefully not :(
zenology is nice but doesnt replace individual instruments at all!
You know that, I know that, pretty much everybody knows that... except Roland, or so it seems. :(

What instrument was released AFTER Zenology? I don't recalll any. And they put Zenology OUT of the choices for free to choose instruments.
yeah :(
without alleging something wrong (maybe theyjust wanna surprise in a good way but i dunno i dont trust companies anymore) it mostly depends on the customers (me including) which just support with their wallets still wrong/too much. not only for here speaking but companies would rethink if customers would act differently...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

fmr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 am What instrument was released AFTER Zenology? I don't recalll any. And they put Zenology OUT of the choices for free to choose instruments.
JamminFool wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 amjuno-60.
Arashi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:03 am The TR-06 and TR-606 plugin (both ACB) are also newer than Zenology.
Yeah, but besides that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

I have been comparing JD-800 Model Expansion to Kontakt.
Here is a recreation of JD-800 Classic Sweeper in Kontakt
https://soundcloud.com/user-533108332-4 ... ic-sweeper
Some JD-800 effects and MFX routing cannot be exactly reproduced inside Kontakt, so I used separate plugins for chorus, delay and reverb. Chorus is NI Choral, delay is custom Reaktor ensemble, and reverb is NI RC24. Routing was done in Ableton Live.

ftech wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:30 pm Yeah, but besides that, what have the Romans ever done for us?
:lol: :clap:
Stormchild

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:48 am Hi Brian,

much appreciated that you're present here and thanks for your answer. Sorry when it sounds a bit harsh what I wrote :-), I really do not want to insult anybody, but there is a lot of disappointment accumulated on my side, because I like the products but the whole cloud offer in the current form is not working for me. As said, the licensing system, the idea to use it 7 days offline, is far beyond anything that I will every accept as a restriction. That being said, it's not just the 7 days, I would also not accept 30 days or some more as a limit. It's the whole approach to restrict a product so much that it's feeling more like being in a prison than buying a synth that you can use.

When you think that you need this high security level, I would much prefer using a usb device, be it a dongle or one of your synth/system-1/8, as a licensing system, were you can store everything and that needs only be connected to your computer without any online connection to use the software. Could be used as an alternative system, so that everyone can decide.

Or even go one step further, let's say I'm buying the TR-08, the 808 plugin software could be included to be used more easily without any synchronization/audio input issues in the daw. The TR-08 could act as an controller and as a licenser at the same time. Just plug the Tr-08 in, install the software plugin and no other hassle. That is something I would like to buy.

The amount you get for 200$ per year is fine when you want a subscription ( I don't), but all the offers below that make no sense to me, frankly speaking.

Anyhow, I wish you all the best, but without a major change I will probably never use the Rolands software, unfortunately. There are many other other competitors that offer a better overall experience, better interfaces, better price point and have a similar sound quality.

Even tough it's negative feedback, I'm only writing this down because I like Roland for the amazing legacy and would actually like to invest in their software product range. Otherwise I would not take the time writing all this down. :-)
Hey, midi_transmission! It's all good, I understand wanting to help by providing feedback, and this is good feedback. We've recently had community members push for monthly authorization instead of weekly. These requests are tallied every week, and this feedback has lead to movement to explore options with current structure. Some of our hardware does operate this way, in that the serial number can be used to activate content, or control their correlated plugin, and we have more of this on the way. The reality is that we do need copy protection as a company, but we are responsive as we can be to user feedback and requests. I've added your requests to our list to get these features into consideration. Thanks!

Caine123 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:39 am hey Brian, i know you may not tell and plans etc but it is a MUST to release a proper JD800-990 boutique plugin... thx
Hey, Caine123! Well, it IS the 30th anniversary of the JD-800, and the year's not over yet. ;)

fmr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 am What instrument was released AFTER Zenology? I don't recalll any. And they put Zenology OUT of the choices for free to choose instruments.
JamminFool wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 amjuno-60.
Arashi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:03 am The TR-06 and TR-606 plugin (both ACB) are also newer than Zenology.
The Juno-60 is basically the Juno-106 reskinned. I bet they even used mostly the same code. Hardly "new". The same applies to the TR-606 (we already had the the TR-808, and TR-909). This is just a "variation. As are all the countless SRX "plug-ins" (nothing else then the JV-1080 with other ROMs, which could, very weel, be launched as expansions for the original product, which is what the original card expansions effectively were).

None of these was requested... for a reason. They are not "newer", they are simply variations of things already existing in the library. I don't know about you but I would live perfectly without the Juno-60 and the TR-606, and had them replaced by something really new, like the JD-800/JD-990, and the V-Synth.

Did any of you ever felt you would need the Juno-60 instead of the Juno-106, or the TR-606 instead of the TR-808, or TR-909?
Fernando (FMR)

I’m just greedy and want them all. As for how easy it is to create those plugins don’t get fooled by how similar plugins look because if they are doing true circuit modelling then even what looks like a trivial thing could take a lot of work due to the way analog electrical components interrelate on a circuit.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The Juno-60 is basically the Juno-106 reskinned. I bet they even used mostly the same code. Hardly "new". The same applies to the TR-606 (we already had the the TR-808, and TR-909). This is just a "variation. As are all the countless SRX "plug-ins" (nothing else then the JV-1080 with other ROMs, which could, very weel, be launched as expansions for the original product, which is what the original card expansions effectively were).

Did any of you ever felt you would need the Juno-60 instead of the Juno-106, or the TR-606 instead of the TR-808, or TR-909?
I guess Roland will introduce the Juno-6 plugin. It will be super simple to create it from the Juno-60 code. To make the Juno-6 plugin truly authentic, Roland will not allow the user to save patches.

fmr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm

I agree about the srx expansions , these are just reskinned pcm core engines , but the tr606/808/909 are all differentt beasts ( we talking about ACB modelling ) .
If you can't hear the difference , there is def. something wrong with your ears
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fmr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm The Juno-60 is basically the Juno-106 reskinned.
No it isn't. It sounds quite different, just like the actual Juno-60 and 106.
fmr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm The same applies to the TR-606 (we already had the the TR-808, and TR-909). This is just a "variation.
Nope. The TR-606 and TR-808 sound totally different.

In both of these cases, the differences might be small/unimportant to you, but they aren't to people who are familiar with the actual hardware.

I agree about adding newer things like the JD-800/990, JP-8000, and V-Synth though. I'm also still waiting for a Jupiter-4 emulation, and they should make the VP-330 available as a plugin too.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 am
fmr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm The Juno-60 is basically the Juno-106 reskinned.
No it isn't. It sounds quite different, just like the actual Juno-60 and 106.
I'm aware of the differences (I own a real Juno-60). OK, I was maybe a bit too drastic. Maybe I should rephrase: They aren't different enough to justify having both. IMO, of course. Having a Juno-60, I was never tempted by the Juno-106. I would rather have an emulation of the Jupiter-6 instead, for example, if they are going into variations of the theme.
Arashi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 am
fmr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm The same applies to the TR-606 (we already had the the TR-808, and TR-909). This is just a "variation.
Nope. The TR-606 and TR-808 sound totally different.
Define "totally"...
Arashi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 am In both of these cases, the differences might be small/unimportant to you, but they aren't to people who are familiar with the actual hardware.
As I am (in the case of the Juno-60 vs Juno-106).
Arashi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 am I agree about adding newer things like the JD-800/990, JP-8000, and V-Synth though. I'm also still waiting for a Jupiter-4 emulation, and they should make the VP-330 available as a plugin too.
Good. We agree about what really matters :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:52 pm I'm aware of the differences (I own a real Juno-60). OK, I was maybe a bit too drastic. Maybe I should rephrase: They aren't different enough to justify having both. IMO, of course. Having a Juno-60, I was never tempted by the Juno-106. I would rather have an emulation of the Jupiter-6 instead, for example, if they are going into variations of the theme.
Well, I agree that they shouldn’t have been separate plugins, and instead they should have added a 60/106 switch to the existing Juno-106 plugin, like the one on the JU-06A. Then I could have used it with my System-8 (I’m not willing to replace any of the other plugouts with a Juno-60 when I already have the 106, and IMO the 60 isn’t better than the 106; it’s just different). But the Juno-60 does add value to Roland Cloud.

And yeah, Jupiter-6 (and Jupiter-4) plugins would have been more interesting. Hopefully those are still coming.
Stormchild

fmr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:52 pm Define "totally"...
The 606 doesn't sound like an 808 or 909 and vice versa while all being drum synths. All three are totally different sounding. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”